13 | fw: my new address

July 20th, 2012

Oh my god Mom you won't believe it! Remember Professor Khan? The Professor who never cut me some slack? Apparently his next project will be funded by none other than National Geographic

Oh my god Mom you won't believe it! Remember Professor Khan? The Professor who never cut me some slack? Apparently his next project will be funded by none other than National Geographic. He has chosen a few graduate students to accompany him and work with him on his research; one of them being Ja-Eun.

She has just told me about it, and I'm so excited for her! Their departure is set to be in early August, and it will be to Iceland where they will conduct intensive fieldwork followed by laboratory research. Ja-Eun won't be attending the Fall Semester in her graduate school and would start in the Spring Semester.

As for Kieran, he doesn't have any clear plans, but he did express his interest in this new application called Instagram. He shared his photos on this application and they're getting a few "likes" here and there.

He also took a few photos of me, Ja-Eun, and the other kids in the football camp. It sucks that Aaron and Eleanor aren't here. Their friends miss them and so do I.

Well there's always a next year isn't there? I'll gladly chaperone another year, no matter how exhausting it is, if they'll attend next year. With only two days left, there isn't much to do except monitor the kids when they aren't on the pitch.

I'll be spending the rest of the summer with Kieran since I haven't collected enough money for a plane ticket and my usual carpool already left weeks ago. I'm sorry for missing out on another summer, but I need the money to pay off my tuition and cover my necessities. I hope you understand. However, you can mail me on Kieran's address and I'll reply as soon as I can.

I really hope to hear from you. I miss you all.

 I miss you all