five | his to take

may all the stars in the sky bow down to you 

—♕—

Byun Baekhyeon decided that he was going to become somebody. 

Him and his younger brother came from humble beginnings. They were poor and often hungry when they were children and their mother used to work as a waitress, while their father began his career as a bouncer in some club. Then he got involved in to criminal activities, began rising in the ranks and everything changed for the Byun family. After the completion of their casino on the coast of Busan, it was obvious that they were here to stay. Their reign over the city began, but they weren't the only ones that craved power. 

The first envelope full of money arrived the same day that I had a fight with Baekhyeon. It was at my apartment before I even came home. Someone pushed it under the door and when I opened it, I almost couldn't believe my eyes. 

Sorry.

The second envelope came one day later. It was stuffed with cash too and there was a short message, written on the side of it. At first I thought that someone else sent it in Baekhyeon's name, but after I took a better look at the shape of the words, I realised that it really was his. I clearly remembered his tilted handwriting from the documents that he was working on when I first came to see him in his casino. 

I need you by my side, Angel.

I wanted to cut the two gangsters out of my life, but it sounded like Baekhyeon needed me to do something else for him. 

Was the money really worth it?

The third envelope came together with a dress and no new message. 

The moon was rising up on the sky and my head was covered by the hood of my jacket when I left my apartment that evening. I was taking fast steps down the hallway of the building and shivering despite it being a warm night. Geumgang-ro was always unnaturally quiet in the evenings, but it was only because there were not many people in the neighbourhood at the those hours of the day. A lot of us had to work late in to the night, doing honest and a little less honest jobs to survive. I was headed towards Candyland too, but I was planning to make another stop first. Three envelopes full of cash were in my bag and I had to deliver them to the loaning services which I owed a large amount of money. 

I noticed that someone was following me almost right away, but at first I thought that it was somebody that got sent by the Byun brothers. Baekhyeon's men were hanging around Candyland even if I wasn't speaking to him for the past couple of days. Then I realised that it was someone completely different.