eight | his to protect

I broke a million hearts just for fun

—♕—

The moon was high up on the sky, the streets were filled with people and I was doing something wrong. At least that was how it felt like. I was supposed to be at the casino, greeting guests and mingling with the crowd, but instead I snuck out with Byun Baekhyun and headed towards the city centre. 

Kyungsoo's dark and thoughtful eyes were watching us in the rear view mirror and he seemed to understand that I wasn't really supposed to leave Baekhyeon's side, but he didn't say anything. Baekhyun was quiet too, smoking his cigarette, gazing out the window and watching the passing city lights. He snapped out of his thoughts only when I pulled the sleeve of his shirt and asked: '' Where are we going? This part of town looks dangerous. ''

'' This is where our part of Busan touches the one that belongs to Han Yisoo, '' he informed me and took another drag from his cigarette. My eyes slightly widened with surprise at the sound of his words and I nervously bit in to my lower lip. The papers were full of articles about the rise of criminal activity in this area and the frequent clashes between the two leading mafias of Busan. '' You wanted to learn how to fight, Angel face? Well, I hope you're ready then. ''

My eyes grew even wider and my heart started beating faster in alarm. '' I'm fighting someone. ''

'' Not exactly, but you are going to be watching, '' he corrected and smirked in amusement. '' I'm hoping that seeing a real fight from the front line, will be enough to make you forget about it forever. ''

The sound of his words made me frown in disapproval. '' You're trying to trick me! ''

'' It's your own fault for being way too naive and trusting a guy like me, '' Baekhyun carelessly replied, without even trying to deny my accusations. Kyungsoo parked his car across the street from some bar and some men that were gathering at the entrance instantly began to turn their heads in our direction. I felt a little nervous at the sight of their suspicious gazes and my new bodyguard and driver clearly didn't like the situation either, while Baekhyun only cracked his knuckles and clapped in excitement. '' Isn't this much more exciting than an ordinary late night drive? We can always do that after we're done here. Driving by the sea of Busan is even nicer when you're counting money. ''

'' I'll be ready for a quick escape out of here, '' Kyungsoo emotionlessly mumbled and rolled down the window on his side of the car.

Baekhyun frowned at the sound of his words and glared at the back of his head, but the driver completely ignored him and calmly lit up a cigarette. '' A quick escape? You underestimate me, but sure. Whatever. ''

'' I know that I already got my pay for this month, but possible reparations for bullet holes cost extra, '' Kyungsoo replied and took a drag from his cigarette. His indifferent tone annoyed the young gangster, who was warning him not to mock him, but he didn't seem to care.