ten | from bad to worse

I never wanted to kill, I am not naturally evil.

Such things I do, just to make myself more attractive to you.

Have I failed?

—♕—

Life was starting to get complicated, a lot more complicated than I would want it to be. 

I saw bad things, I did bad things and it was beginning to haunt me in every moment of the day. Gruesome images reached my nightmares even when I closed my eyes and went to sleep. There wasn't a single moment where I was able to get some peace. 

At the casino, Baekhyeon and Baekhyun's presences were all that I could think about. At home, it didn't take long before I started to feel like the walls of my apartment were caving in on me. I couldn't catch a break even when I was out and about around Busan. Eyes and whispers followed me everywhere I went and it was getting tougher and tougher to ignore them. 

It was the same that morning, when I stopped at a fruits and vegetables market, to do my weekly shopping. Kyungsoo, who drove me there, was trailing by my side in silence and looking around with his always calm dark eyes. It didn't take long before he noticed the stares that people were giving us, how they pointed towards us and whispered between each other and the way they changed the direction in which they were going, just to make sure that they wouldn't accidentally cross our path. '' Does this bother you? ''

I raised my head from my shopping list in confusion, but I quickly realised what he was talking about. I looked around, faintly smiled and lowered my head again. '' Sometimes. It's strange and difficult to get used to. I was the same as them just a couple of weeks ago. Now they treat me like an outsider, an enemy, just because I started dating Byun Baekhyeon. Don't you think that they should be happy for me? ''

Kyungsoo's frown even deepened, but he didn't say anything else. He spotted someone that he knew, sitting in a cafe on the edge of the market and told me that he would wait for me there while I did my shopping. I watched him rush towards his friend before I turned around and continued walking between the fruits and vegetables stalls. 

I was in the middle of choosing between two different apples, when I suddenly felt somebody tap my shoulder. I didn't think much of it at first, certain that it was just Kyungsoo, then I turned around and found myself face to face with Kwon Jiyong. My heart skipped a beat and I dropped both of the apples that I was holding in my hands. I quickly picked them up and told the fruit stall owner that I would buy both of them. I was going to put them in my shopping bag and leave, but Jiyong tapped my shoulder again and said: '' I just want to have a quick chat with you, Inju. ''

'' There is nothing for us to talk about, officer, '' I mumbled and started walking away.

He persistently followed me when I made my way towards the next vegetable stall. '' I think there is though. I'm here because of the murdered girl that was found in a nearby club. A club that is half owned by your man and- ''