nine | exploitation of power

it's alarming, honestly, how charming she can be

—♕—

Min Yoongi was a mystery. 

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't really figure out what was going on in his head or what he was hiding behind his sharp eyes and rude attitude. Sometimes I felt relieved that I had him, that he knew about my plan and that he was ready to help me. Other times I couldn't ignore the oh so prominent voice that creeped up from the back of my head and started asking why. Why was he helping me?

His money laundering business was going well. He did have to pay different amounts of money to the Byun brothers every now and then, but their men protected him and made sure that cops stayed away from him. He had no real reason to partner up with someone like me, especially because of the high possibility of something going wrong. Him more than anyone else, knew what would happen to us in that case. 

'' You know that my loaning company is just a coverup for money laundering, but I thought about it and realised that this might actually be the best way to earn cash. Bets are too risky and everything else is controlled by the Byun brothers. '' Yoongi was sitting behind his desk and counting the pile of money that I just brought him. 

I was leaning against the wall of his small office and nervously tapping my foot against the ground. I was lost in my thoughts and not really listening to what he was saying, but hearing those words made me raise my head and look at him. '' Are you serious? If he finds out that you're doing this on his territory... He's going to kill you. Both of us actually. ''

'' That's why we're not going to be doing it on his territory, '' Yoongi calmly responded, stood up and strolled towards me. His dark eyes were carefully watching me. '' I already got a few connections. It's going to be easy. Loan stupid idiots some money and raise the interest rate like crazy. Once we're done with them, we just gotta make sure that they won't tell anyone who they were doing business with. We'll be rich in no time, Inju. ''

I crossed my arms on my chest and nervously frowned. '' Whatever you say. To me it sounds too risky. Someone is going to found out. He is going to find out. ''

That was when Yoongi suddenly put his hand on the wall next to my head and leaned closer. My heart skipped a beat and began to race because of the sudden close vicinity of our bodies. He was still staring intently at me, as if he was trying to scare me in to not backing out of our deal. '' If Byun Baekhyeon does find out, you are going to sweet talk him out of killing us. I'm sure that you'll manage to do it. Isn't that supposed to be your specialty? ''

I bit my lower lip and adverted my eyes at the ground. '' It is, but it's getting more difficult to lie to him. Somehow he always finds out everything. He looks at me and he knows everything right away. ''

Yoongi tilted his head to the side and murmured: '' You need to use his obsession with you, to your advantage. Just like I am using your fear for me as an advantage. It's easy once you learn how to do it and it works. ''