twelve | dangerous adoration

nowhere to run from all of this havoc

nowhere to hide 

from all of this madness, madness, madness

—♕—

There was one good thing about being alone. That was, that in case something would happen to you, there would be nobody to cry over you. I experienced the pain of losing a loved one first hand and I didn't want anyone else to go through the same thing because of me. I didn't mind disappearing quietly and without being being noticed by anyone, but my friend Park Sooyoung, wasn't prepared to let me go. 

The two of us were supposed to meet for a drink days ago already, but I never showed up. At first she got angry, thinking that I missed our date because I prioritised Baekhyeon over our friendship again and she decided to cut me out of her life. That was easier said than done and soon she noticed that there was something wrong. The two of us lived in the same neighbourhood, but she never saw me anymore. She used to constantly bump in to me, but suddenly it was as if I disappeared. Her anger vanished and got replaced by fear. She was worried that something bad happened to me, but she couldn't bring herself to abandon me. After she gathered up enough courage, she decided that the only way for her to find out the truth, would be if she would go to Baekhyeon's casino. She was certain that the gangster had something to do with my sudden disappearance and she wasn't wrong.

I had no idea that she was there that night and I almost walked right past her. I just descended from the upper floors of the building and directed myself towards one of the gambling areas, when I heard the familiar sound of her screaming. It was only then that I turned my head and focused my attention on the commotion and the verbal fight that was happening in the middle of the casino's lobby. 

A crowd was beginning to form around the group of ladies who targeted no one else than Sooyoung and started spitting insults at her. They were the friends of Baekhyeon's ex fiancee and my blood boiled once I heard the bad things that they were saying to my friend. '' What are you doing here, scum? Why did you come here? You're looking for Inju? Seriously? Can't you take a hint? She clearly isn't interested in being friends with a peasant like you. Why do you think that she stopped talking to you? Just leave before I- ''

'' Before you do what? '' I interrupted the lady in the middle of her sentence. Sooyoung raised her head at my sudden appearance and looked at me with surprise. She didn't want to believe the mean ladies, but her words were starting to get to her. '' Why don't I tell you instead what I am going to do if you keep talking? Or rather, what I will order one of Baekhyeon's men to do? Do you want to know? Or would you rather keep running your mouth and see for yourself? ''

'' Inju... '' The group of women exchanged a few looks between each other. They clearly weren't expecting me to show up and their confident expressions got replaced with worry and fear. '' We were just trying to make her go away- ''