Chapter Twenty One- Makeup

Uh.
This chapter exists, I suppose.

Thanks so much for reading! 🥰

Will's Outfit^

[...]

Will's POV

Battered hands slide against the rough rubber of my wheels, propelling my aching body forwards through the school hallway. My neck stings slightly, due to constant turning, and bites down on my sensitive nerves.

A light touch of makeup decorates the soft skin, covering up a series of love bites- left by Freddie, of course, yesterday evening. My face heats up just thinking about it, my fingers tracing the fading bruises.

My ears twitch, focussing on the lyrics blasting from my headphones.

'You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you and make you happy,
If you will only say the same'

My eye squints, navigating me through herds of students, determined not to bump into anyone. I've become one with my wheelchair, it brings about a delightful sense of freedom yet restricts me at the same time.

Despite the aching I feel deep in bones, happiness triumphs all. School has been tough, these past few weeks; I never noticed how much I depended on my mum and Freddie when I was home. My arms have developed slight muscles, from pushing myself around, and my strength seems to be swarming back.

A smile blooms on my face as I read the text Freddie sent to me,

[Hey sweetheart! Meet me outside on the field, I feel like getting fish 'n' chips today xxx ]

It might only be a small thing but the kisses he puts at the end never fail to make me happy. I bite my lip, gripping the wheels tighter and heading towards the field, only to be interrupted by a smack on my shoulder followed by my headphones being yanked out.

"Yo, Wheels!" An irritating voice calls, causing me to roll my eye in annoyance.

"Yes Billy?" I bite back a scowl, forcing a look of patience.

He's been nothing but a nuisance since day one. 

Jabbing pudgy hands into my back, he badgers me about the English homework- asking to borrow it to copy from. I sigh, ignoring the too- tight grip he has on my shoulder and the sinister grin on his face.

"Sure"

He smiles, a sickly expression on his blotchy face, before tapping his leg on mine- causing shooting pains to eat away at my nerves. I wince, before looking over his shoulder and chuckling slightly.