E I G H T

08

08. FRYING PANS & PERVERTS

———

"No, please leave me! I will do whatever you want me to do" you cried out as you tried to control the blood gushing out from your wounds.

"Do you think I will leave you just like that" a voice sneered.

"You think I would let your mother live?" his malicious voice continues as you desperately struggle.

"You are a useless piece of shit that just deserves to be beaten" and with that you feel a seering pain in your back as the handle of the belt lashes against it.

"Noooooo, leave her please" comes the echoing voice of your mother.

The next thing you know is that a revolver is placed against your mother's forehead.

"Fine then, I will just kill you" his voice slurred as he pulled the trigger.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO"
a voice screamed.

You wake up from your nightmare drenched in sweat and breathing heavily.

It had been months since you had such a nightmare. It seemed so real that all you wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry your heart out, and you were doing just that, as you realised you were crying. Your cheeks were wet with tears.

"It was just a dream, Y/N" you try to pacify yourself but that didn't stop the tears from rolling down your cheeks.

You take in a deep breath as you try to control yourself.

It was due to today's incident that the nightmares were back. You knew that voice. You hadn't mistaken it. But somewhere vaguely in the back of your mind you just couldn't believe it.

And maybe that was what had triggered the nightmares.

You let out a deep sigh as you swing your legs off the bed and onto the padded floor.

Your wide awake self now thirsting for a glass of water, you slowly trudge out of the room and onto the stairs with light steps so as to not wake anyone up. You went to the kitchen when you heard noises coming from inside making you alert.

Alert and terrified due to the nightmares before.

A clink of glass here, a long deep sigh and the noise of the refrigerator door being yanked open violently.

Now your alert self slowly crept inside the kitchen door so as to not alert the intruder of your presence.

A lean figure was bending down looking for something in the refrigerator.

How odd! Why would the person be searching for something inside the refrigerator, instead of stealing?

Maybe the person got hungry