Chapter Ten : Ruminate

WARNING : MISCARRIAGE

Telling that the situation in the palace was tense was the understatement of the century. There wasn't a situation. There was a catastrophe. There were chaos and absolute mayhem.

If anybody who knew the Alpha Emperor Harry Styles of Imperium even for a few seconds of their lives, they'd tell, he couldn't climb higher on the ladder of his uncontrollable fury and ruthlessness but the surprising fact was, he could and he very well did.

He had diligently made everybody's life a living hell in the boundaries of the Mischelin palace since the past fourteen days. Fourteen days since his blue-eyed omega had stood in his steed and taken the arrows meant for him, depriving the man of consciousness and providing him ill health to the extent of walking over and staying near death for an elaborate time period.

The incapability to protect one's Omega hurt an Alpha more than any physical weapon could and Liam Payne was aware of that. He recognised that bruise and sympathised with his friend but that was the problem, Harry wouldn't let anybody commiserate him. He didn't know of sympathy or empathy or kindness and had grown in his garden of thorns, threatening to sting anyone who came too close. Harry's tower of self-preservation was too high to be climbed upon and too strong to be broken but Louis had, and in a very intriguing way, seeped into it, tenderly planting roses in those thorns and making a home out of the tower which was why the Emperor was livid. The person he centred his entire existence around had been incapacitated, propelling the human back into his dark dungeons of restlessness.

Sighing, he returned to the West Wing which had been sealed off for anybody who wasn't Harry Styles or a healer for Louis Tomlinson but eventually Harry had given access to a few more people

Walking past the guards who acknowledged his person, he lingered around the King's chambers to see the head healer, Shawn Mendes immediately approaching him on seeing his presence.

"Commander Liam," the brown-haired man beckoned towards him urgently and steered him away from Louis' person to the balcony devoid of human presence.
"I need to tell you to convey something to the Emperor."

Liam's hazel rose, he knew Harry was extremely upset and in fact, all that he ordered out was execution orders of anybody who managed to hit a nerve and Liam really stayed on his toes to assure the safety of his own neck around his friend.

"Why can't you do it yourself?" He asked the Alpha who stood before him.

"Because he is a bloody arrogant bastard," He growled lowly, suppressing the volume of his response, "he induced a drop in six omegas yesterday night, Niall included and didn't have the decency to look after their safety and then snapped at me for an hour about how useless I am!"

Liam wanted to chuckle at the latter, typical Harry but was averted by the first part," How's Niall?"

"Stable. Asleep."

"Did you offend him in any manner?"

His whisky brown turned to the commander in chief, unimpressed at his priority. "I am extremely patient for an Alpha but that doesn't mean I wouldn't punch him in the face for the insults hurled at me."

"Which is why before I scratch his face off, I need you to tell him that if Louis doesn't arouse in the next five days, he is gone for good."

This revelation dropped like a bomb on top of Liam's head. Numbness overcame the skin which covered him and an overwhelming infusion of guilt, sadness and disappointment showered on him. He knew it was life-threatening but nothing the healers of Mischelin couldn't handle and Louis? Louis had hardly found his peace and Harry, his friend had so much more to learn, through his Omega.