Chapter 1

Enjoy.

Life is shitty.

For the most part at least.

See, I'm not really good at introductions or whatever so I'll just say this:

I hate everything and everyone.

Except my mom of course.

She's my everything. Not in a weird way or anything. It's only us though.

My dad died years ago from a street fight. He tried to break it up but instead got shot right between the eyes.

I used to have a little brother. He died of leukemia.

Leaving me and my sometimes pain in the ass mother. I still loved her nonetheless.

I sat alone in my room while I watched reruns of Spongebob. Everyone still has their inner 8 year old in them somewhere.

The episode where Patrick nails the board to his head goes to commercial when I get a text notification on my phone from an unknown number.

Unknown Number
Hello my love

The fuck? Who is this texting me? I think to myself before replying back.

You
Um who is this??

Unknown Number
Never mind who I am. I'm more concerned about you beautiful.

See this is what we not finna fucking do. I'm not playing that shit.

You
Who the fuck are you? Stop texting me you fucking creep!!

1 minute.

2 minutes.

3 minutes.

4.

I didn't get a reply yet so I assumed that they finally decided to leave me alone.

But no.

Unknown Number
That is no way to speak to me.

Who the hell did they think they are. They're the one being all creepy and shit and texting random girls. Not me.

You
I don't give a tiny rat's ass how I'm "supposed" to speak to you! I said leave me the fuck alone and I meant that shit dammit!

Soon, I saw that my text was read. It was about a minute before the three dots appeared, indicating that they were typing. After a couple moments, I got the message.

Unknown Number
You'll regret that

You
Was that a threat or a promise??

I typed out my last text before sending it, trying my best to maintain my confidence elven though lord knew I was terrified of the threat and what it meant. I didn't mean to piss them off and I sure as hell wasn't tryna die tonight. That'd kill my widowed mother all in itself.

I ran to my window, which was open and blowing warm, dry summer air into my room. I looked out for any sign of a suspicious person or people before closing and locking it.

I locked every door and window in the house. Including the windows in my mom's room.

She was sound asleep with a deep frown on her face. She hasn't been sleeping well for some reason. My guess was that she missed my dad. Especially since their anniversary was right around the corner.