Return of the Childhood Bestfriend

Stepping out of the luxury vehicle, a strikingly gorgeous brunette with bright blue eyes looked at the building she stood in front of. She gave off a quiet sigh and fixed her navy blue sweater, flattening her black skirt nervously. Her heels clicked against the pavement before she opened the door and headed up to the loft.

XoxoxoX

"I don't really get why you're nervous." Dan Humphrey chuckled, his arm slung around his current girlfriend, Serena Van Der Woodsen. "Well, I mean it's not every day you get to meet your boyfriend's best friend!" The beautiful blonde fidgeted in her seat on the couch. "Yeah, but there's no need to be nervous. Percy is as accepting as they come." Rufus chimed in from the kitchen, where he was making his famous chilli.

"Yeah, Percy is the best." Jenny agreed just as the door to the loft opened. "Well, while I appreciate the sentiment, I don't really think I'm the best." The brunette known as Persephone, or by the Humphrey's as Percy, gave a lopsided grin. Jenny gave off a squeal and hugged the taller girl in a tackle. Persephone smiled softly and gave a look over Jenny's head directed at Dan.

"All right, stop hogging her." Dan stood up and moved his sister aside, crushing Persephone in his own suffocating hug. "Oh Danny boy! It's been so long!" She pulled back and cupped his face with her hands. "Yeah, well who's fault is that Perce?" He countered, moving out of the way for Rufus to hug her next. "Hey Percy. I hope you've been doing well." Rufus pulled his non-daughter into a hug.

"Oh Pops, I've been great! I've just missed you all to much to stay away." Persephone teared up, hugging the man that was like a father to her back. Out of the corner of her eye, Persephone caught a glimpse of the blonde. "And who is this?" She smirked at Dan while pulling away from Rufus. "Percy, this is my girlfriend, Serena Van Der Woodsen. Serena, this is Persephone Waters." Dan stepped over and put an arm around Serena.

"Oh Danny, she's gorgeous!" Persephone exclaimed, walking over to her and examining her. "It's nice to finally meet you. Dan's been talking about you nonstop since he found out you were coming back!" Serena gave a strained smile. She had been expecting a guy. Not a gorgeous woman who's name rang a bell, and that couldn't be good. With a throaty laugh Persephone lightly smacked Dan upside the head.

"You don't talk about other girls to your girlfriend!" Persephone berated as Jenny chuckled at the exchange. "Well, I hate to interrupt but the chilli is done." Rufus announced, herding everyone to the table. "Oh, it's been forever since I've had your cooking Pops!" Persephone cheered.

XoxoxoX

"Blair, you should have seen it. The way she was with them. She's like family. They all adore her!" Serena complained to her best friend as they sat on her bed. Blair just listened to her ramble, not sure what she was suppose to say. "And her name! It sounds so familiar but I can't figure out why!" Serena continued. "You could always ask Chuck. If it's female, he'll know about it." Blair finally spoke up, watching as Serena immediately pulled out her phone to call him.

XoxoxoX

"Well, she is a famous model." Chuck Bass droned to the two girls that dropped by his place for the information. He was nursing a drink of course, even if it was barely noon. They waited for a bit, wondering if that was all he had to say. "Is that it? All the way here for that?" Serena huffed, crossing her arms. "She was in Russia for the past three years or so if that helps. Has her own bodyguard and all that good stuff." Chuck shrugged, uncaring but curious as to how Humphrey has a friend like that.

"So an internationally famous model. Should I be worried?" Serena looks to Blair, her insecurities on display. "Of course not!" Blair exclaimed, even if she herself wasn't sure. "Humphrey has always been after you. That wouldn't change out of nowhere." Blair tried to reassure her best friend. "Yeah. Okay." Serena wasn't convinced.

"Maybe you girls should introduce me to her. I'm sure I could, well, take her off Humphrey's hands." Chuck gave a smirk.

XoxoxoX

"So Serena wants to introduce you to her friends." Dan brought up the subject as him and Persephone chatted in her apartment. He was impressed that it reflected her so well. Comfortable well worn furniture, plants and handmade quilts everywhere. "And you are going to prepare me even more than you already have? You knew I would end up running into them one way or another." Persephone pointed out, placing a mug of coffee in front of Dan.

"Yeah, well, it still doesn't sit well with me." He sighed, running a hand over his face. "You worry to much Danny boy." She grinned then motioned to the big Russian man stationed in her livingroom by the door. "Brutus wouldn't let anyone hurt me." Persephone offered said man a mug of coffee as well, which he accepted. "I know." Dan eyed Persephone's bodyguard, who seemed to be a good friend as well.

"Do not worry Mister Humphrey. No one will touch Miss Percy without her permission." The man said in a thick Russian accent. Dan gave a small nod, taking a sip of coffee. With a sigh he let the subject drop. She was to stubborn for him to be able to change her mind.