Summer: Part One

A few weeks into summer and Persephone hadn't felt like staying in the city one day. A weekend trip is just what she needed, and a very big reminder to Dan that she was, in fact, very wealthy. Persephone dragged Dan out to New Orleans on her private jet. "Just for the weekend." She had promised, feeling claustrophobic in the city.

How could he say no? Free trip, free food, and time with his best friend? She had told him he needed to experience at least one southern summer. She had originally thought of Cuba but decided getting Dan a passport would just take way to long, and she was impatient.

After they had arrived and were on their way to the hotel Persephone had booked, Dan understood what she had meant. He had never experienced this kind of heat. He swore the air was so thick he could practically taste it. He regretted not taking her advice and wearing shorts like she had.

"I didn't know you had ever visited New Orleans." Dan said, standing awkwardly beside her as she opened the door to the suite she had gotten them. "It was last year. I needed to meet with an investor." She shrugged, pushing the door open to reveal a hotel room so lavish that Dan knew he could never afford something even similar to it.

"Will we even be spending time in the hotel room other than to sleep?" He openly gaped at the room, taking it all in. Persephone ushered him inside, dragging their suitcases behind. "I am sure we will shower here too." The brunette stated, sarcasm evident in her voice.

Dan merely rolled his eyes, a smile on his face from watching her struggle with the suitcases she refused help with of any kind. Persephone wouldn't even let Brutus help. He just stood off to the side and watched her. Dan was actually glad that she didn't want to use the staff. It meant, to him at least, that she was still the same poor little chubby girl he grew up with.

It made him happy.

XoxoxoX

Persephone had dragged Dan to a restaurant, Old Nola Cookery. Neither of them had ever been, but Persephone had heard somewhere that it was good. She couldn't remember if someone had told her or if she had read it. She just decided that they should try it.

They got the typical Cajun fair, red beans and rice, seafood of all kinds, gumbo, they even shared an appetizer with "gator" meat. Dan actually enjoyed the food. It wasn't a surprise really, he tends to like all kinds of cuisine.

They headed back to the hotel since they had landed just before supper, discussing plans for the next day. She woke him up bright and early the next day, taking him to a museum after breakfast. Then they went to a park after lunch then to a jazz club for supper.

Persephone had run him ragged with all the things they did. Dan didn't mind though. Between the museums, parks, gardens and jazz clubs, he had fun. It wasn't something they would both usually do, so it was adventurous of them almost.

It was definitely a vacation that they would remember for a while.

XoxoxoX

"Percy!" Jenny threw her arms around the older girl as they arrived at the Humphrey apartment after their trip. "Hello." She patted the blonde's back, having missed the girl that was like her little sister. "I have to come next time." She stated, letting go of Persephone.

"Of course. Perhaps a family vacation is in order soon." Persephone smiled as Jenny squealed and grilled the two about their trip. She had stayed with the two siblings, talking to them late into the night.

"I must go." She sighed, looking at her watch. The two Humphrey's groaned from their spot on the couch, Dan even booing her. With a laugh, she shook her head and left. It was around four in the morning by the time she was at her apartment, exhausted from the whole trip. Her fault entirely.

As she had just finished readying for bed, getting under the blankets, her phone chimed.

Fishy

Is t lat?

Or erly?

Cn I cal?

Mabe u shld cal.

Thnk hve prblm

Confused by the butchered words, when he normally is very good with grammar in his texts, Persephone decided to call Chuck.

"What is going on Fishy?" She asked, evidently concerned. "I think. I may have overdid it." Persephone could hear Chuck slurring his words, a sigh coming through from his side. "Do you know where you are?" She asked, scrambling for a pen and paper to hopefully write down his adress.

"I think I'm at a girl's place. There's so much pink." He groaned, his head pounding. He couldn't remember how he got there, or where there even was. He couldn't call Blair, not after everything he had done, and Nate wasn't answering his calls. The only other person he could think of was Persephone.

"I will figure it out." Persephone told him, leaving her room to get Brutus so he could track down the lost playboy. "Thanks, Sephie. I owe you." Chuck mumbled, hating the situation. The girl only sighed as he hung up.

What had she got herself into?