A Wedding and Confessions

"So you really think she was lying about cheating on you?" Persephone asked Dan, sitting on the couch in her apartment with her. "Yeah. We've been over this for the past two days." Dan snorted, having had this whole conversation with her since the day after his dad's concert. He always tells her everything.

"I am very unhappy that I did not get to go to the concert now." Persephone smirked, flipping through the channels on the TV. "You had a meeting." Dan pointed out, putting his feet on her coffee table. "I can't actually believe the drama you warned me about is real." He laughed, shaking his head at the situation. She only shrugged.

"The lives a lot of them lead are very crazy." Persephone stated, not to surprised. "I should start listening to you." Dan sighed, making a face when she stopped on a show he didn't like. "Don't make that face." She swatted at his arm, snorting at his expression.

A few minutes later her phone started ringing. She threw Dan a confused look and answered.

"I figured I could do us both the pleasure of inviting you to my father's wedding." Chuck's voice came from the phone. "That is a little last minute Fish." Persephone's brow furrowed, confused even more. "Yes, well, I figured since we are on decent terms now." She could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"I do not think I have any plans. I will attempt to make it." Persephone stated, looking to Dan who only shrugged. He refused to get into it. "I'll see you then." Chuck told her before hanging up. Persephone turned to Dan, utterly confused. "I guess I'm going to a wedding." She sighed.

XoxoxoX

"Are you going to try and make up with her or not?" Persephone asked Dan as they stood outside the venue for the Bass wedding. He gave a half hearted grumble as she smoothed the skirt of her dark blue dress. "See you inside." He sighed, heading in first. Neither of them really knew what to expect of the event.

By the time the reception rolled around, Dan had found his way back to her, mumbling about meeting back at her place. Persephone nodded, only going to stay a little longer to be polite.

Right before the best man speech was supposed to happen, Blair sat beside Persephone. "He was in my bed the other night, you know." Blair stated, sneering at the other brunette. "All right? I don not believe that had anything to do with me?" Persephone scrunched her nose up, confused as to why Blair was talking to her.

Chuck stood to make his speech and Persephone watched as he stared at Blair, practically declaring his love for her. When he was done he took her away to dance. Persephone decided she had stayed the amount she was required to for it to be polite and went to leave.

"I think I love her." Chuck called from behind Persephone before she reached her car. "I am happy for you Fish. Congratulations." She smiled, genuinely happy for him, but very confused as to what was happening. "You seem to mean that." He stated, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Why would I not?" She asked, hoping this conversation would help her feel less, well, confused. "I take it we're good friends now?" Chuck smirked, waiting for an answer. "I suppose so Fish." She smiled at him, surprisingly happy to say she had made a friend.

"You could call me by my name you know." He pointed out, earning a sly grin from Persephone. "Why would I ever do that Fishy?" She all but cackled, delighted that he still didn't like the name she gave him. "Fair enough. Sephie." Chuck patted her shoulder and walked away, happy with their unspoken arrangement.

XoxoxoX

When Persephone made it back to her apartment Dan told her everything. The Georgina situation, breaking up officially with Serena, everything. He stayed the night, lamenting about his problems, and she let him.

Before they knew it summer had come and everyone was getting plans ready. Chuck and Persephone had been texting, as friends do he told her, and he kept her updated on his relationship with Blair.

"I am so glad you two are going to Europe! You will both have such a lovely time together!" Persephone gushed to him, again telling him what a great idea it is. "Yeah well, I just have to see father off first, and then I'll be meeting her to leave." His voice echoed through her room from it being on speakerphone.

"I will let you go then. Let me know when you two land safely! Give Blair my love!" She had become acquaintances with Blair, trying to get along with the girl. "I will. Bye." Chuck hung up, only for Dan to call her.

"Bad pizza and even worse movies?" He asked from the other line, referring to the night in they had planned for that night. "Of course Danny boy." She smiled into the phone.

He knew that a quiet night in was just what was needed, for both of them really. Dan was determined for this summer to be their best one yet, even if Persephone did refuse to be around Vanessa. He already lost three summers with her, he wasn't about to loose another one.

Persephone hung up the phone, confident in his ability to choose things she would like. They had know each other for what felt like forever anyway. She was excited to spend this summer with her best friend. It had been to long.

It would be a good summer for Persephone. She would make sure of it.

XoxoxoX

Early into the next morning, long after Dan had left, Persephone awoke to a text message on her phone. With a tired sigh, she rubbed her eyes and sat up to read it.

Fishy

I didn't go.

Sephie

Do you wish to talk about it?

Fishy

No.