Tending Wounds

Chuck was still a bit confused about being in Persephone's apartment but tried to look like it was nothing. He finally forced himself to relax as Persephone put a container of some sort of bruise paste (at least that's what she said it was) onto the coffee table in front of him.

She sat beside him and took his face into her hands, startling him, making him jump. "Sorry if my hands are cold but I must look at the bruise I caused." She grimaced, upset with herself. "It's fine." Chuck tried to dismiss it. Honestly he was secretly happy about this. He was in her apartment and she was touching him. She was talking to him.

He watched as she opened the bruise paste and gently put some on his jaw where his was forming. He couldn't help but stare at the way her eyebrows furrowed and her lip twisted to a slight pout as she gently tended to him. He could swear his heart was the loudest thing in the room. Of course he could never tell a soul that.

"There. I'm sorry again Mister Fish. It was basically instinct after all those self defense lessons." Persephone sighed as she put the paste to the side and cleaned her hands off on a towel. "Don't worry about it." He waved her off, trying to focus on something else.

"You were trying to say something before I hit you. What was it?" Persephone asked, relaxing back onto the couch by Chuck. Following her ease, he sunk back into the couch too. "I heard that you and Humphrey had a fight and are at odds." He said as he took in the homey appearance of her apartment.

"Ah. Yes. We are fighting." Persephone confirmed, wondering why it mattered to him. "I have even more questions after seeing your place." Chuck smirked, standing up to look around even more. She smiled and motioned for him to continue.

"You make money. A very good amount of money, even compared to my family. You live here though. A small little apartment. Nothing fancy." Chuck picked up a book off her bookshelf, looking over the worn copy of The Hobbit as he talked. "I live modestly here compared to the rest of you because of how I was raised." Persephone shrugged, watching him poke around her living room.

"You said here. Do you live lavishly somewhere else?" Chuck quirked an eyebrow, picking up on her wording. "I have a very nice house in Russia. I bought my mom and little brother a house when they moved to a small town in Pennsylvania after being tired of living here. I have a vacation home in Aspen. I have a cottage in Ireland. In those places, I splurge more. I see them as vacation homes, because here is home. This city is my home." Persephone informed him as he picked up a quilt that was thrown over the back of a chair.

It was quiet as Chuck processed the information while inspecting the quilt. "I made that myself." Persephone motioned to the quilt with a small smile. Chuck was surprised by this. "It's good quality." He said, impressed.

"I don't have much time for hobbies anymore." Persephone smiled sadly as Chuck finally sat down. "Yes. You're trying to get your empire expanded to the states." He smiled, knowing of her business and her working overtime to get it up and running in America.

"How is that going?" He asked, and she was surprised that he genuinely seemed interested. "Hopefully next month it will be publicly announced that my security company is available in the states. I have enough investors. Brutus and I have added more employees that have been thoroughly vetted. Everything is going as planned. If it goes well, we will expand even more." Persephone was honestly happy to have someone else she could talk business with.

She just didn't expect that person to be Chuck Bass.

XoxoxoX

They spent a few hours talking about anything and everything, getting along surprisingly well. "So we're not enemies anymore?" Chuck smirked as he was about to leave, standing  in the doorway. "I guess not." Persephone laughed, having enjoyed his company and was walking him out. "We're not quite friends yet though, are we?" He leaned against the doorframe, not really wanting to go.

"Not yet Fish. Maybe one day. We are friendly now though." She smiled. "So there is hope." He stated as he finally walked out the door. With him gone, she flopped onto her couch. She threw her head back with a groan and contemplated her sanity.

She had a good time. With Chuck Bass. What has the world come to? She still felt incredibly guilty for accidentally hitting him, even though he said it was fine. Choosing to ignore the guilt, Persephone looked over at a very bored Klaus. "I think I want to go shopping." She sighed.

XoxoxoX

Persephone wasn't really one for shopping but she did like to buy for herself every once in a while. She decided to go and get some new plants while making a call to someone Brutus knew who had a dog Brutus thought would be good for her and easy to train.

She scheduled a meeting with this person and window shopped at the pet store, making a list of things she would need. Persephone ignored her phone the rest of the day, focusing on herself.

After dinner and a much deserved bubble bath, Persephone crawled into her bed to watch TV. She finally looked at her phone to see she had three missed calls from Dan, two missed calls from Jenny, and a text from Chuck. She only replied to Chuck, not ready to deal with the Humphrey's yet.

Chuck
You have to many plants.

Persephone
No such thing.

With a small smile, Persephone put her phone away. The day hadn't been so bad. Not that she'd admit that though. At least not yet. Maybe Chuck wasn't so bad.

Maybe.