Unwanted Attention

Tugging at her new school uniform, Persephone finally walked into the school's administrative office, on time as always. She got everything she needed and headed off to her first class, ignoring all the eyes that where on her.

It felt the same, everywhere she went. People were always curious, be it because she was new, because they recognized her, or for some other reason. People always stared. It use to be because she would wear whatever was comfortable, whatever she wanted. Now, more often than not, she was new and shiny, an air of confidence she use to not have attracting others.

Making it through to lunch, Persephone found Dan in the courtyard doing homework. Persephone sat down beside him, sighing. "What's up, Perce?" He asked, not even looking up from his work. "I forgot how tiring all this was." She put her face in her hands. "You're doing great though." He finally looked up, giving her a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever you say Danny boy. You want to grab some lunch?" She rolled her eyes, playfully swatting at him. "I'm supposed to be meeting up with Serena." Dan checked his phone, looking at the time. Serena was late, as usual. He put his phone away, not saying anything about the time. "All right then. I'm gonna have Brutus pick me up something. Let me know if you change your mind." She patted his shoulder, standing up to leave.

"I will. Go enjoy your lunch." He waved her away, forcing a smile. She knew it was fake. He knew she knew. How could she not? They grew up together. She didn't say anything though. She knew he would talk when he was ready. He always did. He appreciated her not saying anything.

Persephone left Dan to himself and his homework while he waited for Serena. He finished his homework, but Serena never showed.

XoxoxoX

"Hello Persephone." Chuck called out while leaning against the school building, waiting for his driver. "Mister Fish." Persephone nodded in reply, waiting for Brutus to pick her up. "It's Bass." He frowned, agitation leaking into his voice. She purposely messed up his name, but he didn't have to know that. After Jenny told her what happened she decided she wanted nothing to do with him.

Persephone kept ignoring him, staring out into the road. "You could just call me Chuck." He walked up to her, trying to look casual as he stood beside her. She made no move to acknowledge she heard him. Suddenly, it seemed as everyone's phone but hers beeped. "Oh. Looks like you're gossip girl's new headline." Chuck looked up from his phone, smirking while everyone around them whispered and stared at her.

She still didn't move until she herself got a phone call. "Hello Brutus." Persephone answered, the whispering seeming to get louder to her. "I'm down the block. Klaus is coming to collect you. Hopefully the school will approve of one of us being with you during hours." Brutus grunted through the phone as a tall, well groomed German came into her view. She closed her phone and gave a nod to Klaus, following him. "Goodbye Persephone!" Chuck called, a smirk still on his face.

XoxoxoX

"Danny!" Persephone groaned, flipping onto the couch at the Humphrey family loft. Dan gave her a smile, looking over at her from the kitchen while making coffee. "Come on. It couldn't have been that bad." He chuckled, bringing over some coffee for her. Reluctantly sat up to take the coffee from him. "Maybe not but it was boring." She relented, taking a sip.

Dan sat down with his own coffee, shaking his head at her. "You'll get use to it. By the way, Vanessa wants to know why you haven't call her yet." He gave her a pointed look. Vanessa, Dan, and Persephone had all three been friends at one point but Vanessa and Persephone fell out before Persephone went off to model internationally.

"You know I was never to close with her. I hung out with her because you did." Persephone shrugged, not looking at him. "Well I'm going to get pierogies with her tomorrow if you want to come." He offered, knowing it would do no good. "No, you go. Have fun. I have a meeting anyway. Trying to get my business up and running in the states." She waved him off, a tight smile on her face.

"I hope it goes well. Let me know if you change your mind Perce." Dan sighed, staring into his mug of coffee. "Sorry Danny boy." She patted his knee and pulled out her books to start homework.

After working in silence together on homework for a while they heard the door. "I swear. Blair is horrible!" Jenny practically screeched, dropping her stuff where she stood. "Oh sister." Persephone sighed sadly, empathizing with the younger girl. "She's just so...so bossy!" She fumed, throwing herself onto the couch by Persephone.  "Will it make you feel better if you knew the fish tried to talk to me earlier?" She asked, nudging Jenny.

Dan frowned, not knowing this. "What did he want?" Jenny asked, sitting up some. "I don't know. I don't really care. He hasn't apologized to you yet and until then, I'm not talking to him freely." Persephone shrugged, meaning it. This was her second family and she was protective of her family. "Hope this doesn't come back to haunt you. He's use to getting what he wants." Dan stated, still frowning. "Let it. He's a horrible little fish who needs to be told no." Persephone sneered. Dan and Jenny looked at each other, both truly hoping their friend would be all right.

"Well it's getting late and Roland just arrived outside so I should be going." She checked her phone as it went off. "Good night Perce." The siblings chimed in unison, earning a look from the model. "You two can be so weird. Good night." Persephone snorted, ruffling their hair and walking out.

"This is bad." Jenny stated after Persephone left. "Maybe it won't be to bad." Dan said halfheartedly. Jenny raised her eyebrows at him, clearly thinking differently.