Lavender and Lilacs

Mondays were never Persephone's day. This Monday she woke up late for school, didn't have any breakfast, had ran out of coffee and didn't have time to pick some up, and to top it all off she had tripped on her way out the door so was now sporting a bruise on her leg from where her thigh hit the doorframe. It was safe to say that when she arrived at school that she was already in a bad mood.

The stares followed her from class to class, only adding to her agitation. Finally at lunch she basically collapsed beside Dan in the courtyard.  "What is with everyone today? What is with the universe today? Today sucks!" Persephone groaned, Dan chuckling at her. "Don't laugh at my pain!" She playfully swatted at him as everyone's phones went off once again today. Everyone's but hers. "Another Gossip Girl blast." Dan stated after checking his phone.

"Of course." She scrunched her nose up, not caring for gossip. "She seems to really be focused on you lately." He nudged her, smiling. "Yeah. Whatever." Persephone finally gave a smile, rolling her eyes. "How's things going with Serena?" She asked, switching the conversation over to him. "Ah, she's acting strange. I'm sure it's nothing. I mean her mom and Chuck's dad are apparently getting married so I'm sure it's that." Dan waved off, trying to seem like he didn't care.

Persephone hummed, not believing him but letting it drop. "Well, why don't we go get lunch?" She suggested, standing up and offering her hand to him. "Sure. We haven't spent enough time together." He smiled, taking her hand and letting her pull him up.

XoxoxoX

"Lavender lemonade? What kind of restaurant did you drag me to?" Dan joked as they got the food they ordered. "Don't worry. As I said, it's my treat." Persephone smirked, taking a sip of the lavender lemonade that he was just making fun of. Just as they were finishing their meal, someone cleared their throat beside them.

"Serena will enjoy hearing about this." Chuck stated, his signature smirk on his face. "That Dan grabbed a bite to eat with a friend? Oh Mister Fish, you believe that this would bother her?" Persephone raised her eyebrows, Dan staying out of it while smiling. Finally noticing Chuck was with someone Persephone turned to them. "Who are you?" She asked, curious as to who would willingly be seen with him. "I'm Nate." He nodded in greeting, seeming to enjoy the interaction going on between Persephone and Chuck. Persephone only hummed and turned to Dan, silently asking if he could be trusted.

"Nate's good but we'll be late if we don't leave soon." Dan nodded, smiling while checking his watch. "All right. Let's go then." Persephone waved someone over and paid. Before she could get up, she felt someone leaning over her and she could see Dan and Brutus who had been in the back tense. "I apologized to Jenny earlier." Chuck whispered in her ear, as if it was a secret.

"I'm sure I will talk to her about it later Mister Fish but I must advise you to back away. My friends are not to happy about how close you are and you know how protective they both can be." She calmly stated, her jaw clenched. Chuck moved back as Brutus stood up and started walking towards them. "I will be on my way then." Chuck turned to Nate and nodded, and left hurriedly.

"Let's go." She sighed, motioning for Brutus and Dan to come along. Her day just kept getting better and better.

XoxoxoX

"Yeah, he apologized. Actually seemed to mean it." Jenny confirmed later that night while on the phone with Persephone. "That's wonderful." Persephone nodded, finishing up her homework. "I thought so. Maybe he's changing." The younger girl voiced, causing the older one to scrunch her nose up. "Doubtful. Do you forgive him?" She asked, putting her stuff away. "I think I do." Jenny replied, looking at the time. "It's late Perce. I'll talk to you later." She said, prompting Persephone to look at her clock.

"Yeah okay. Bye." Persephone hung up, flopping back onto the bed. Today had been rough and she wasn't sure she was ready for the next day. Everything seemed to be chaotic lately. The only thing going her way was her business deals. On top of that things with Chuck has Brutus so on edge he decided she needed to brush up on her self defense. He has also requested she let him put in an updated alarm system.

Persephone agreed to everything he requested of course. She even took up his advice on looking into getting a guard dog. She had to much respect for the man to not take his advice seriously. In fact he was going to bring some information on some training facilities in the area for her if she decided to buy from a breeder and then have it trained instead of buying directly from the trainers.

Just as she decided to go to sleep, Persephone's phone went off. She looked at it, seeing she got a text from and unknown number. "Who would text me at this time at night?" She grumbled and opened up the text. "You smelled like Lilacs. I don't hate it." The text read, Chucks name signed at the bottom.

"How does he feel like he has the right to text me?" She huffed, putting her phone down. "Lilacs." She mutterd, holding a strand of her in her hands, examining it as if it would tell her why he would say such a thing. After a bit she sighed and gave up, laying back onto her bed.

"Whatever."