Chapter 10:

~Steve's POV~

"Okay here we go. Time travel test number 1."Banners voice booms. "Scott fire up the uhhh the van thing." "Breakers are set and the emergency generators are on stand by I announce." Suddenly the sound of shoes echos in the room forcing us all to turn and look in their direction. Blue walks our way, one of Bucky's hoodies wrapping around her, confused look on her face.

"What's going on?"she asks. "Well we decided it was worth a shot in trying. "Are you being serious with me right now?!" "Dead serious."I smile. Out of pure joy and excitement she practically leaps into my arms. "We actually have a shot now!"

"Excuse me?"Scott suddenly says. "He's kidding."adds Natasha, "you can't say things like that." "It was um a bad joke."Banner tells him. I watch as Blue anxiously begins to chew at her nails and pace back and fourth.

"Scott I'm going to send you back a week, let you walk around for about an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?" "Perfectly not confusing." "Good luck Scott you got this." I tell him as I try to relax his nerves. "You can do this."Blue adds. Poor girl looks as if she's about ready to puke she's so nervous. Then again I don't blame her for feeling that way.

"On the count of 3. 3..2..1." With the flip of a switch scott returns but he's not the same Scott we knew. This Scott is much younger. "Holy shit."Blue blurts. "Guys? This doesn't feel right." "What is this?" "What's going on?" "Who is that?" We all begin to ask. "Hold on."Banner tells us. "Is that Scott?" "Yes it's Scott."the young Scott says.

With another switch young Scott is gone but an old Scott returns. "Oh my back." "Hold in a second, could I get a little space here?" We all back up Blue now resting against me, her hands pressed to her lips as her eyes watch carefully. "Can you bring him back?" "I'm working on it."

Bruce begins banging on things sending him back again. "It's a baby."I tell him. "It's Scott." "As a baby!" "He'll grow." "Bring him back Bruce!"Blue finally flares up. "Okay when I say kill the power, kill the power." "Oh my god."with that Nat runs off the get ready to kill the power. "And... Kill it!"

Within a matter of seconds the normal Scott has return. "Somebody peed my pants."he says. "Oh thank god." "I don't know if it was baby me or old me."Scott adds. I turn to Blue to see this utterly heart wrenching sight. Tears look like they are flooding to the brims of her eyes as she tries so hard to hold it together. "Blue?"'with a small snuggle she turns to me. "I'm not giving up, there has got to be away." After that she just slowly walks off, her hands gripping his sleeves.

"Time travel!"yells Banner. I just look at him before walking off. "What I see this as an absolute win." I just roll my eyes and keep walking. Birds peacefully chirp outside as I inhale the fresh air. The distant sound of a very fast car begins to enter my ears the closer it gets. What the hell? It pulls up right in front of me. Tony rolls down the window and just looks at me.

"Why the long face? Let me guess, he turned into a baby." "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" "It's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might have wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky, dangerous. Somebody could have cautioned you against it." "You did." I tell him. "Oh did I? Well, thank god I'm here. Regardless, I fixed. A fully functioning time-space GPS. I just want peace."

I smile just a little before he continues. "Turns out resentment is corrosive, and I hate it." "Me too." I tell him. "We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Being back what we lost, I hope, yes. Keep what I found, I have to at all cost. And maybe not die trying would be nice." "Sounds like a deal."

The two of us begin to make our way to the back of his car when this smile appears on his face. Suddenly he lifts this thing and dumps it out, revealing my old friend. My shield. "Tony I don't know." "Why? He made it for you. Plus honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." I grasp it tightly, remembering the old times with it. Remembering the time I gave it up to save my best friends life. "Thank you Tony." "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team. We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

"We're working on that right now."I say with a smirk.