Chapter 23:

I watch as Thor and the others try to take on Thanos but they are so tired that they can't seem to. I quickly find my way into that massive head of his and begin to have some fun. He cries out but still manages to fight back. Quickly I run up and begin to fight him. Thor along with Steve help me hold him but he was too strong.

With a mighty blow he Thor's all of us, knocking out Steve in the Process. "Steve!"I yell as I make my way to him. My body screaming in pain. I watch in fear as Thanos picks up the gauntlet. "Steve get up! Get up!" Nothing he doesn't move. Marvel flies in and begins to take most of his blows as I try to wake Steve. Nothing happens so I do the only thing I can think of. Slowly I get to my feet and join her.

My bolts of lightning come crashing into him, the heat from them catching the dying ground around us on fire. I fire away my voltage progressively getting higher and higher. I strike him left and right but he stands strong. "You can't defeat me."he tells me. "We have a saying here on earth, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight inside the dog!"I yell as I pull lightning from the sky.

       Looking down I see my veins glowing this bright blue color, the same as my eyes as they glow. "Oh look you're in for a treat."I evilly smirk before I run up to him. He hits Marvel and charges me, quickly I duck and slide between his legs and pull lightning from the sky. "Keep doing that head thing!"she yells as she gets to her feet. I give a quick nod before doing as I'm told. It's enough to get him to one knee as she tries to over power him and the gauntlet. Suddenly he pulls out one of the stones and uses it against us. He hits me so hard I go flying into some ruble before everything goes black.

When I wake there is grunting and the sound of metal clanging. "I am inevitable." The sound of the metal clanging as he snaps instantly breaks me as I wait to watch my love dust away again. Nothing happens. Quickly I turn and look to see a very confused Thanos. I admit I'm just as confused until I notice the stones are missing from the glove.

I turn to the kneeling Tony as blood drips down the side of his face. The stones beginning to form the gauntlet in his suit. "And I am....Iron man." Suddenly he snaps and the world grows quiet. I get to my feet and look around as Thanos's army begins to fade away. Steve and the others join me at my side as the massive giant takes a seat vanishes.

"Blue?! Blue?! Baby where are you?!"Bucky calls out. I immediately turn in the direction of his voice and run to him. "Blue?!" "Bucky!" He turns to me and sprints as fast as he can before we embrace. His arms wrap around me tightly as he picks me up and swings me around before setting me down. I don't get the chance to say anything to him before he smashes his lips to mine.

The familiar warmth and softness consumes me as he arms secure themselves around my waist. I feel as if I'm getting lost in his kiss the longer he holds me. We separate for air as he rest his forehead against mine. His breathing was heavy and labored but there was a huge smile plastered on his face. The sudden sound of clanging though grabs our attention.

We quickly run over to see Tony badly wounded from the stones. "Mr.Stark?"the kid asks as he swings down. "Mr.Stark, can you hear me? It's Peter. Hey......we won, Mr.Stark. We won, Mr.Stark. We won. You did it, sir, you did it. I'm sorry. Tony." Peter cries as he clings to the dying man. I may not know Peter well but I knew Tony considered him a son. Tony was proud of that boy. There were nights where he and I would sit and talk about him and Bucky.

Pepper walks up though and gently takes Peter by the shoulder. He carefully backs up and next to me. Slowly I turn and take the young boys hand. He turns to me, tears streaming down his face through the dirt and the dust. We don't speak, I just wrap him in a caring embrace. When we pull apart he gives me a thankful nod as he turns back to Tony. Bucky pulls me close as we watch Pepper speak to her husband.

"Hey."she says softly. "Hey Pep." "Friday?"she calls his A.I. as she places a hand on his chest. "Life functions critical." I watch as dread begins to overcome Pepper's face. I understand what it's like to have to say goodbye. It hurts like hell. "Tony? Look at me. We're gonna be okay." She smiles but I know telling him this is just tearing her apart. Tear well in here eyes as she takes her final look at him.

"You can rest now."she tells him before the pain consumes her. Her hand remains on his chest, his hand placed on hers until his light goes out and his hand falls to the ground. Tears fill my eyes as I silently say goodbye to a man who I grew close to. The man that helped make this possible who brought my love back to me.

Bucky holds me tightly as I rest my head against his chest. Sniffles escape everyone as we all say goodbye.