Chapter 20:

We all gather around as the finishing touches are placed into the gauntlet. Excitement yet worry corses through me as the last of the stones are firmly placed. I shaky breath leaves my lips as a smile forms. We did it! We really did it. "Alright the glove is ready."says Rocket, "question is, who's gonna snap their fricken fingers?"

"I'll do it."Thor says as he stands. "Wait what?"I ask. "Excuses me?"Tony adds. "It's okay."Thor proceeds to tell us. None of us wait a second longer as we stop him from touching the gauntlet. "Thor, just wait."Steve tells him, "we haven't decided who's going to put that thing on yet." "I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" "We should at least discuss it."Scott says. "Yeah I think that's a good call."I reply.

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not going to bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me." "Normally you're right." "It's my duty."he continues. "It's not about that." "It's not that." "Hey buddy...."Tony continues to press but Thor just cuts him off. "Stop it! Just let me. Just let me do it, just let me do something good, something right."

"Look, it's not just the fact that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you, you're in no condition."I tell him carefully, not wanting to be the next person he snaps on. "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" "Cheez Whiz." I stifle the laugh in my throat as I look at Rhoady. "Not the time."I say as I turn to him.

"Lightning." "Yeah Thor I know I have the same thing coursing through me right now as we speak. That doesn't mean you have the strength to handle it. At least let us talk it out and then decide."I tell him. His eyes watch mine but he nods in understanding. "It's gotta be me."Banner suddenly says. God damnit. We all turn to him as he says "you saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"And how do we know you will?"asks Steve. "We don't, but the radiation is mostly gamma. It's like....I was made for this." Our eyes jump from one another as we watch carefully. Anticipation builds and builds as he prepares to but the glove on. I hide behind Steve as the rays of the stones course through him. Bruce cries out in pain.

"Talk to me Banner."Tony says. "I'm okay." Then suddenly he does it. Just like that. Bruce falls to the floor as Tony helps him out. A sudden buzzing grabs mine and Clint's attention. "Honey?" Tears well I'm his eyes as his wife has returned. Overwhelmed with emotions I practically jump for joy. "It worked!"I shout. I grab on to Steve and hug him so tightly I might break him.

That's when I dark shadow looms over us. I look up just in time as a missile hits the compound. The floor breaks from beneath myself and the others sending us in every direction. I scream as I fall until blackness consumes me.