02. GIVE IN AND LET GO

┏━━━━━━ 。゚☆: *.☽ 。゚━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER TWO
GIVE IN AND LET GO
┗━━━━━━ 。゚☆: *.☽ 。゚━━━━━━┛

     A LIGHT SIGH left the girl's lips in the small cell that she was in

     A LIGHT SIGH left the girl's lips in the small cell that she was in. The room was full of gray and dirty walls, there was one small bed with a mattress, a pillow, and a blanket. Cobalt Connors sat silently on her bed reading a book for her entertainment. She had read the book multiple times that she couldn't even keep count. The book was a dark blueish purple, with the picture of millions of animals. The title read: Animal: Exploring the Zoological World. She knew literally everything that was mentioned in the book. Wanting to be a zoologist was probably the only thing that kept her moving. Her father told her that her mother was a zoologist and decided to follow her footsteps. Though according to Jaha, she seemed to be following them too much.

The loud creak of the door made Cobalt glance at the two guards that came into her cell. She groaned getting off her bed ready to start the day. Though to her shocking surprise, there weren't only just two guards, Councilor Paul, had also walked through the door. Tears had instantly came out of Cobalt's eyes, streaming all the way down to her cheeks. "Dad!" She squealed running into his arms. "What—What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't—"

"—I came to say goodbye," Paul said quickly. Cobalt's eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. Goodbye? She wasn't even 18 yet, why was he coming to say goodbye? "I don't have much time, but Cobalt, sweetie, you're going to Earth." Suddenly Cobalt's heart went racing. Her breath hitched in her throat, almost at the mere end of a panic attack. She didn't know how to feel, but her mind was screaming inside. Earth?! "I know, but it's gonna be okay. I know it will. All you have to do is remember Pike's training since you finished Earth Skills today, okay?"

"Dad, I—" Cobalt wanted to beg for him to say this was all a joke. She didn't want to go down to Earth without her father. She knew that if she was being sent down, so were all of the other delinquents. She knew she wasn't gonna be alone, but it felt like it. She was gonna be around a bunch of strangers, and she didn't do good with social anxiety. She hated it, but she had it.

Paul stopped her once again, engulfing her into a huge hug. "I love you," Her dad whispered, a small tear ran down his cheek. "So much."

"I love you, too," Cobalt said. "So much." The two parted and when they did Cobalt felt something attached to her wrist. She looked down to see one small wristband that a guard had put on. "What is that?" Cobalt didn't get an answer, because right away the guards took her by both her arms and dragged her out the enclosed cell. She looked back to see her father holding a look of sadness. She sent a small smile and mouthed 'I love you' once again. Her father smiled right back and repeated the same beautiful words.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

The next thing Cobalt knew was that the guards were leading her back to the members of the Earth Skills class she was in and once she got in line, they let her go. She gulped waiting patiently in line, catching glances of delinquents looking at her. A frown came to her face seeing that she was the second person to enter the dropship. She watched the person in front of her go through and she looked at the guard by the dropship door. The guard next to her ordered her to enter and when she was about to step through, her eyes latched onto a different guard that grabbed her arm ready to drag her in. Cobalt furrowed her brows seeing a young tall man lead her through. He had dark short black hair slid back, she couldn't quite see anything more. "Let's go," He ordered and before she knew it, she was in the dropship.