Chapter II Lucia and Levine

I drifted into a long dreary sleep, bound into a strange kaleidoscope. Nonetheless, I played my part.

"Lucia, daughter of Lucifer, due to your misconduct, the council hereby restrict you from going as far beyond the seventy-five mile radius of this tower." I heard the bold and deep raspy voice of the man with a vague face, probably the head of the council, declaring in a commanding tone of voice. Lucia, the girl who stabbed Judiel sat serenely at the center of the U-shaped room, there were benches around that were filled with unfamiliar faces, they all wore hooded black cloaks.

"The verdict has just been raised, I shall now terminate the discussion." A voice from a girl spoke.

In the swarm of strange faces enclosed with hoods, moving their way out from the scene, I spotted a strangely familiar face. His eyes were as dark as mine, his face was innocent and grumpy.

"Levine," a girl called which caused him to stop from moving. The crowd spilled out slowly as they walk away from the small room.

"What is it Satina?" he answered in the same voice as I have, in a deep baritone. The girl turned crimson, her smooth pale face suddenly turned red, her black sleek hair was even embarrassed.

"Um, I'd like to ask you out," the girl confided. The boy who wore the same face as I do, but much older looked confused for a second before he seemed to realize something and then he smiled.

The crowd thinned out until only Lucia who is still sitting in a chair above the podium, a chubby guy, a beautiful blond girl, Satina and Levine were the only ones left.

"I'm busy, but I guess I'll try it out," Levine replied which made Satina blushed even redder.

"See you at dusk at the forest," she talks so fast as she runs to the open door, the chubby guy and the blond girl followed, leaving Levine with cold and sharp glares.

I was gliding over the memories which are too different from what I witness everyday. I caught a glance of Levine rolling his eyes at the sitting Lucia in the center of the room. Lucia found him and smiled at him, her vibrant aura is filling the room.

★★★

The scenery shifted. Lucia was at the midst of the forest, this time she wore an ominous black dress, her long hair dangles from her back, some of her baby hair is covering her soft face.

The clouds were running above the turquoise sky, drifting so fast like an upbeat music.

I was at the foot of an apricot tree, gazing at the beautiful Lucia who sat still at the green prairie grasses of the thin forest. She looks gloomy, she seems very sad. Her face was melancholic, her deep black irises were a view of a tragedy. Too pitiful to stare yet too dark to fall into.

Moments later, an angel descended from the sky, slicing the clouds with his white and black wings. I find it odd, but I can see it with my own eyes, his left wing is white while the other one is black.

Levine hovered and glided the air before he walks closer towards the sitting woman. He is smiling. Lucia's face lit up as she stands up. Levine tucked his wings, he still wore the black hooded cloak; however, this time he wasn't on hood. His face is clearly an identical to mine, except for his trimmed hair and a scar on his forehead, right above his right eyebrow. The scar was similar to mine, a skull.

"Levine," Lucia began, her voice was shaky and crackling, I can sense the waves of fear looming around her, even the weather seems to console her. Wind blows the hard expression in Levine's face.

"I heard," Levine spoke gently.

Lucia's eyes fall down with tears.

"The council said they would not give me protection, unless. . ." her voice trails off, "unless?" Levine looked stunned.

"Unless you found a soul to bind," he looks at her face, she looks up at him.

"Please lend me your soul," her voice was in pain as she begs.

"I can't protect you," Levine lied.

"Please, I know you can," she protested. Another gust of wind blew.

"I can't," Levine snapped. She looks desperate as she cried, "Why?!"

A lightning struck, slicing a nearby tree.

"Because my soul is tainted," he reasoned out. He seemed to be losing his cool. The broken tree was on fire. Lucia's eyes were consumed with darkness, from her black irises, the darkness ran towards the white, consuming it fully. Levine's eyes blink several times, then he was frozen, Lucia walks closer towards him, the winds blow stronger and harder behind her. She moved near him and reached her hand to his cheeks, their faces are getting closer and closer, Levine snapped back into reality.

A dark shadow of a demonic figure grabbed Lucia and throws her away, she stumbled on the ground five feet away from where she stood. Satina was there, she wore a red shirt and blue faded jeans.

"Are you alright?" she approached the dazed Levine who has seemed to have gone back to normal now.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her. Satina blushed, "I was planning to wait for you here till dusk comes," her hair dangles from the blow of the strong wind, Lucia was standing near them, her eyes are teary.

"I'm sorry," she seemed to be true to her words, the clouds dispersed from the sky and the afternoon setting sun was visible. The sky turned orange indicating that it was now sunset.

Satina looked at her sharply, "I don't love you Satina," Levine confided, his eyes were emotionless. Satina was shocked momentarily before she replied back with teary eyes.

"Is it because I'm a royalty?"

"No," he answered tonelessly.

"Then tell me," she begins to sob.

"Because, you are just like a little sister to me. That's all you are to me."

The dusk has come, fireflies swarm the early evening sky as they scattered into the forest.

Lucia stood there, her malevolent eyes are manipulating the oblivious Levine. Satina wiped the sides of her eyes as she runs away out of the forest. The wind blows again as the stars are slowly appearing in the night sky.

Levine walked like a robot towards Lucia, he leaned to her and attempted to kiss her but a huge explosion halted the process, fire has consumed the forest. Lucia was distracted that her manipulative enchantment was broken.

"What happened?" Levine asked her, totally unaware of what's happening.

I can see several demi-angels descending from there, in the what seemed like a big clearing. There were several sounds of explosions I can hear. I was still standing beside the apricot tree.

"Levine, don't leave me," Lucia begged.

Levine has already untucked his wings and begun flapping them.

"I need to go back to the tower, I need to protect it." Lucia looked forfeited as she lets him fly into the night sky.

She sat on the ground, misery has once again visited her eyes.

"The son of Leviathan can't protect me Lucifer, why don't you protect me instead?" There was a soft chuckle and a clear and friendly voice spoke back to her, "As hard as your mother, I see." The ground opened itself and consumed her.

In the depths of hell she was engulfed.

I was awoken from my dream.

«««★★★»»»

So, how is this chapter guys?

Did you find it interesting?

What do you think is going to happen next? To Ezekiel? To Judiel?

Updating soon. When I receive good feedbacks.