Chapter VIII Danielle Adler

The demon glided towards the direction of the children, Danielle was still crying while clinging onto his sister's side who is still deeply praying.

"Get away from us monster!" Danielle yelled between sobs.

The light inside the memory I'm witnessing flickered instantaneously until everything went blank. I was transported back in reality, Mary was in front of me, now keeping her distance a step away, she seemed to have broken out from her elation.

The surrounding is quiet, the lights from the street lamps stop fluctuating, but the area looked odd, I couldn't see Gold anywhere, it seems like she escaped, but how? She could not have possibly moved from those injuries. Was there someone who helped her? Never mind, I have to mind this current business of mine right now, I have to identify whatever reasons behind my identity. I'm confused as how much I have been associated with demon encounters these days. It sucks knowing how much I wanted to escape the reality where there is a possibility that I am not associated with the demons, but all these things happening right now are disproving that, only the truth will set me free and I have to find out who I really am. No matter how much it brings me pain to think this, to think that I might be one of them but what can I do? I couldn't change the fact, if and only if my speculations were correct, given the chances, if I were to find out I'm a demon then I'll be happy to accept the truth. I will be happy to pave my own path even though I was born a monster, but that wouldn't stop me from doing something righteous. Being a demon wouldn't hinder me in achieving my goal to be able to be friends with everyone who has despised me.

Eh? Why do I think like this? I have never thought of wanting to be friends with everyone. People are the greatest scum, half angels included, they only think of themselves. Isn't this a wonderful chance to retaliate? Now that I have a chance.

"Ezekiel?" I was pulled from my dark reveries by a familiar voice.

"Father?" I called back. My wings were tucked back, I didn't remember when they disappeared.

Friar Timothy appeared from the corner of the street and approached us needlessly. He looked to be in haste.

"I'm glad you're alright," he smiled and tended me immediately.

"I'm okay Father, just take care of her," I queried but he already finished checking my injuries which were no longer to be found. They have healed fast, still why does my body feel so heavy? Is this some kind of superficial side effects?

"You really are fine," he said relieved while turning around to check on Mary. "How about you young gal, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm all good," she coughs. "No, you obviously are not okay." Friar Timothy supported  and on we headed to the church.

Finally, I'm home. It's good to be back, but everything feels different now, I couldn't sense any warming welcoming feeling about this supposedly only 'home' of mine. Everything is like rebuilt from emptiness.

While Father guided Mary into the chamber of the Sisters to get treated I proceeded towards my room, the way inside was through the hallway with a dome shaped ceiling, I went pass through the rooms of the other orphaned children, some are about my age, some are younger and some are older. The oldest children here are Ejy and Kay, they are fraternal twins, seventeen years old. The hallway was unusually silent. It's still 7:15 PM, usually, around this time, children should have been running and playing around but tonight is different, what could have been the cause of this utter silence? Nevertheless, I continued walking past their closed and quiet rooms. There, at the edge of the hallway is my room. I grabbed the knob to open the door, I proceeded inside, closing the door in the process. I should have missed this room, this musky smell, this comforting aura, but I couldn't quite feel these, everything is just tasteless.

I looked around the room, I could still remember each positions of every thing, their arrangements. Yet, somehow, what on earth happened in here? The bunk bed, the cabinets, furniture and the wardrobe are repositioned. The wardrobe is repositioned?! Oh, no! Not my armory, I quickly move towards the door to the armory room, opened it and shockingly, in relief, it was all good.

"Hi," a strange voice greeted me. Sitting there in the bar stool, facing my customized weapons was the familiar unknown figure. His built is average, he has astoundingly standing rogue black hair, seemingly innocent green eyes, tamed face and a peculiar friendly aura, his psyche reminded me of that scaredy-cat little brother of Mary.

"Who are you and how did you get inside my room, how did you manage to get pass through my armory room?"

"I'm Danielle Adler, fourteen years of age. And I'm your new roommate," he replied amicably.

"How did you get in here?" I raised my left brow but I doubt he'd seen it rising because it was well hidden by my fringed hair.
"I broke in," he said smilingly. "Just kidding, I saw it just now while I was rearranging everything and then, I so happen to stumble in that wardrobe of yours, I get curious about what this hidden door is doing, and it also happened that it is open so I feel free to get inside. This is my room after all."

"Not just your room moron. And from now on you are forbidden to get in here. Understood?"

"And who do you think you are giving me house rules in my own room huh?" He stood up from the stool to face me. "I am just the owner of this room, the original and the first one." I rebutted, throwing him with piercing gazes. But this boy is also tough, he didn't back off from my killing gaze.

"Okay sure fine," he laughs softly, "I'm just testing my new roommate, I was just playing with you. Don't be mad now brother. We should all be friends here, us orphaned children, especially us," "I don't want to be friends with intruders like you," I say. "Oh, come on now, we should get along together, you know, we are the only ones irregular here, right my demon brother?"

I threw him a questioning look. "What did you just say?" I ask, but he didn't reply, instead he tapped my shoulder, "Come on now it's time for us to eat, Big Brother Ejy is now calling everyone from the other rooms we should hurry or else the food will get cold." Danielle exited the room. I take a glance at my customized weapons, my silver and golden daggers, my double edged rapiers and many more. They seem to be looking fine.

"Ezekiel, Danielle, it's time for supper," Ejy called from outside.

"I'll follow."

Just how did the hell that moron know Ejy is calling everyone for supper? He was here since the other day, but meal time varies from time to time. Did he just coincidentally guessed the time for us to have supper or did he sense him? Does that mean he's a demon? Then, if that's the case, I can probably use him as a lead for my initial basis for the investigation of my real identity. I now have a glimmer of hope of knowing my identity, my sole purpose. All I needed to do is to investigate you Danielle Adler.

Danielle Adler? Mary, she's also an Adler, is he Mary's brother? How did he become a demon? How did they escape from that demon?