Chapter IV Gold Argentum

Damn it hurts so much. I couldn't contain the raging hotness anymore. I feel like I'm about to turn into ashes any moment soon. The searing of my flesh is killing me.

I shut my eyes close. A picture swims inside my head.

Why am I remembering this?

Why am I remembering Lucia? Why do I see her? She is coming closer and closer. She reached my face and kissed my lips.

The pain is intensifying. I opened my eyes and it's when the running girl bumped me, sending us both stumbling on the middle of the road, she was on top of me, obviously shivering.

I saw her face. She is young, but a bit older than me. She wore a black blouse. Her eyes are green as they were illuminated by the dim lights. She was the woman who ran away from me when we were at the church. She was the woman who called me demon. 

The road set aflame. The light was so dazzling as the woman atop me forces her shivering body to stand up.

"De-de-mon," she muttered under her ragged breath while stepping away from me.

The fire has consumed the street fully which forces the woman to walk closer to me, hugging me unintentionally just to keep herself away from the fiery flames.

We were trapped inside the circle of fire. It seems not a circular shape when I see it clearer. I realized we were trapped inside a star shaped fire. The star of David, right at its center.

My eyes widened when the dark entity showed itself, it was flying with its bat-like wings, its pure red eyes are throwing daggers at its preys. It has a monstrous form, sharp horns and talons.

The fire grew immense the moment it flies above us in a circular motion.

"Please, please. . .save me." Her voice trembled, still hugging me tightly.

"Shoot!" I blurted out and ducked quickly to evade the raking talons of the demon which lunged at us at full speed. The demon gnashed its teeth in obvious annoyance.

"Stop defying fate my preys, surrender your souls to me." The demon's raucous voice announced as it flew past above us. The woman was shivering as she clutches me that I could hardly move.

"Can you give me some little space. . . please."

She looked up at me with confusion in her eyes before she adjusted herself a step backwards, making sure she's distanced from the fire. I inhaled deeply, thinking at the same time.

"You're bleeding." The woman looked up at me with her terrified emerald eyes.

"I'm okay, it's just a scratch." I lied.

A scratch is an understatement. Cool, I was so focused on the fire, my burning neck and the gripping woman that I didn't notice the wound on my shoulder which was inflicted by the demon's talon.

"Just stay down." I ordered the woman who agreed with a nod. I stood up straight, facing the demon. My neck seared even more intensely, dominating the pain from my ripped flesh.

"How bold." The demon mused and lunged an attack, its sharp claws are coming first as it zoomed downwards, directly at me.

"Fool." I managed a grin as I jumped as high as I can. Woah! I was surprised to find out that I could jump so high. Was it because of the driving adrenaline? I wonder. The demon was shocked to see me barely evading his attack as I was now in midair. I can feel my fast reflexes as well. I twist my body and managed a kick, it hit the demon's back and sent him stumbling at the edge of his artistic star on fire.

"Seven hells! Woah!" I am falling down. Again, I managed to twist my body. It's too late, I am about to fall in the fire. I shut my eyes close. My mind is starting a stupid countdown. . .9. . .8. . . 7. . .6. . .5. . .4. It's getting hotter and hotter as I get closer to the fire. Then it occurred to me. Judiel.

"Just call my name whenever you're in trouble. I will surely come." He said it to me when we first met. He said it to me with a smile when he saved me from the demi-angel bullies.

"Judiel!" I yelled, my eyes are still closed.

Stupid. I sound like a girl calling for her prince to come and save. Stupid. How can he come if he's confined? 3. . .2. I'm flying, I am quite sure I'm flying. I opened my eyes and instantly ask the name of my friend.

"Judiel? Who's that?" I was surprised to hear a different voice, it was a voice of a masculine woman. She is carrying me. But, she is no angel, or a half angel either. Her wings are made up of golden metals and they made clicking sounds as they flap.

"Who are you?" I asked her, she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm Gold Argentum." We landed near the fluctuating street lamps.

"But isn't Argentum a latin name for silver?" I queried.

She smiled at me meekly and flew towards the demon who was still unable to stand by its feet.

"Was my kick that hard?" I whispered.

Gold moved near the demon, unsheathed a golden sword from her waist and grabbed the demon's head by its horns. The demon tried to wiggle, its red eyes are flaring in rage.

"It's never too late, I'll return and. . ." He was cut in his mid-sentence when Gold slitted his throat. The demon disintegrated in red orange sparks.

"It's too late for you." She drew a golden mechanical rose from her pocket and threw it beside the demon's ashes. She then wiped her sword and cleaned it from the demon's blood.

The fire subsided the moment the demon was killed. The woman was still there, coughing as sweats are trailing down her face.

Gold flies with her mechanical wings and glided next to where I was standing. She has long black hair with a highlight of gold strips, her eyes are blue with a hint of gold.

"You thought I have forgotten?" Her tall figure almost towered me, she was about 5'10 in height.

"What are you talking about?" I asked innocently.

"You're next demon." Gold pointed her sword to my chest.

"Oh, no. You've got the wrong idea, I'm no demon." I defended myself, making sure that I sound certain and true.

"There's no normal human who can kick a demon like that."

"It was pure adrenaline and luck." I rebutted.

"Then how would you explain that skull scar on your neck?"

That has taken me aback. Once again, I obliviously run my hand on my neck.

"Then why did you save me in the first place?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update. I was just so busy with school stuff. I hope everyone who reads this book will hold on till the very end. Oh, please do.

So how is this chapter?