Chapter VI Rafael

It has been very tough for me to fight the urge of not killing her. It's hard indeed to stop one's fervid desire once it's already penetrated the depths of one's core.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was lost in the dark." I said one after another while Gold was coughing nonstop in front of me.

She eyeballed me intently as if she's going to stab me with something sharp any moment she'd be able to regain strength. I step backwards and plan on running away when the woman on the road stood up. She looked up in the sky indisputably like she's been waiting for someone to come down. I ignored her and was about to start running back to the church when the dark sky was parted with dazzling light rays. I halted in front of the road, frozen as I watched the four-winged archangel made his descent. He looks so bright that I could barely see him and that's all thanks to my bangs. He has long dark hair, soft innocent looking face and broad shoulder. He's wearing a silver armor with all the ornaments from the gauntlets, flashy boots and breastplates that fitted perfectly his muscular body. He stood next to the woman in the black blouse, stared into those emerald eyes and touched her face like they were long lost lovers. They didn't exchange any words but I deeply knew they were sharing a deep telepathic connection within each other.

I couldn't move a muscle. I'm paralyzed from merely staring at them.

"Ezekiel Tobit whose identity is yet to be known. Do you wish to be enlightened about your true identity and your cause?" The manly soft voice penetrated inside my head. It was so soothing and tranquilizing. The archangel was standing in front of me now, holding a lance in his hand. He's not speaking, his talking to me telepathically.

"Who are you?" My thoughts asked.

"I am Rafael of the archangels. I descended to bring the world hope in the war to come. We the angels, archangels, cherubim and those celestial spirits will not partake to this coming battle. The world is crumbling again after the strike of the Big One. This time the world will surely fall, worse it will be felled in the hands of both the demi-angels and the nephilim along side with the demons, the seven sins embodied by the seven deadly fallen angels."

The 'Big One', I've heard of it before. It's the redemption, the first retribution of souls. I have never thought it would be happening again, but this time it's not in the means of the seven catastrophic events. It's happening in the means of a war, but between which two parties? If the angels would not be partaking then whose war would it be? Humanity versus the forces of evil? Humanity is surely has no chance of winning against the devils. It can't be!

"Seven deadly fallen angels?"

"Don't make me mention those vile names, they're unspeakable!" The sky thundered the moment he yelled that sentence in my head.

"Now Tobit, do you wish to know your true identity and cause?" His voice in my head shifts back to its natural soft tone that I could hardly follow.

"My true identity? My cause?" I repeated the words as if they were difficult to process.

I've heard it from the demon in the brim of the sea of nothingness. The words he said to me is for me to fulfill the cause my brother has abandoned. He even called me his son. Seven hells! This is not happening to me. I could barely keep up from this nonsense. The world is crazy!

"You are filled with confusion are you not? Then, I should not add more bafflement to you." He smiled at me as if he's easing the situation.

"I demand to know my true identity!" I speak it out loud but he just ignored me.

"My time on Earth is nearing its end. And in order for me to fulfill the cause of my descent. I shall make you in charge of protecting the bearer of hope of humanity. Protect Mary Adler Ezekiel. Protect her at all cost."

"And how am I supposed to do that?"

"I have little time left. Figure it out yourself."

"I will not do it! I will not do as you please."

"Then the choice is yours to make. I will not interfere."

Cool, and what he thinks he's doing now is not interfering. He's such a very helpful angel. I should not be shocked if some of these half angels are bad assed and bullies.

"Oh, before I forget. I want you to show me your wings?"

"Huh? My wings? I don't have those." I threw him a baffled look.

He smiled amicably again and tapped his lance on the road. Suddenly, I am enveloped with both white and dark entities, they're swirling around me like friendly butterflies.

"What are these?" I tried wriggling but my attempt was all for naught. Then, seconds passed, my back is aching, it was very painful. My neck is singeing. I think I was going to pass out. Then it occurred to me, I am sprouting my wings. They were as wide as Judiel's, they were magnificent in their dark features, the feathers are shining. The process halted. I feel no pain, instead I feel confident and powerful.

"Wings as the Fallen's. You're a demon indeed." Rafael deemed me with those words.

"As for the final touches." Rafael plucked a feather out from his lower left wing and moved beside me. A strip of his dark hair turned silver. Then, he plucked one from mine and replaced it with his. It stings. After several seconds my wings change color, they are now turning into gray ones, more vibrant and shiny.

"This feels-" I was so filled with awe that I couldn't dare speak.

"Now Tobit, do as I please."

Rafael vanished into thin air, leaving me with a very questioning task I am not quite certain if I'm going to follow, leaving me filled with questions about my true identity, my past and who I am going to side.

————————————————————————————————

Yikes! What do you think is going to happen next?