Chapter o019 Part Uno

Maia's Pov:

Partly submerged in the large claw foot tub, I sighed as the warm water sooth my stress-ridden body. There were so many emotions that were going through my head; bliss, irritation, frustration, and anxiety. I had just gotten engaged and I should be the happiest woman on Earth... Or at least in Louisiana, but there is too much unnecessary bullshit going on around me. From Reuben's mother, his bitch-ass ex, that Arlo-man, Greg, and now Jacquees and Tierra.... This weekend has me ready to dig a hole and throw my ass in it until it is time to go back home to California.

Girl... Fuck his mama and his ugly-ass ex, Arlo is a bitch because a real man would keep his fight between the person he truly has an issue with-Let Reuben handle that ass and as for Tierra and her marriage... Let her sort out her own problems! But she is my friend. You and she are close... However, she was never one to make good decisions and she, also, never liked taking advice from you or anyone.

I was truly stuck in a difficult situation, there was so much shit going on around me that I did not know how to focus on anything at this point.

Closing my eyes, I tried to relax, but my mind was still racing as if it was in a NASCAR competition.

"Honey?"

Opening an eye, I searched the room until my sight landed at the doorway, and there stood Reuben with a teacup and saucer in his hands. God, I hope he put a shot a Hennessey or something in that tea... I needed a drink.

"I made us some tea, my Beloved." He said lowly as he strode closer to the tub then taking a seat on the antique vanity's bench; the bathroom was the size of my former apartment. It had not only the claw foot tub and vanity, but a large whirlpool Jacuzzi styled tub and a walk-in shower... If my sisters had seen this room, they would die. I do not know what our infatuations were with bathrooms, but this place would be my sanctuary back home.

My thoughts were broken as he placed the cup to my lips, startling me a bit. I smiled small at the gesture then brought my soap-sud covered hands from the water to grab the fine china but he pulled it back. "Please, allow me..."

"Now, Baby," I giggled lightly as I straighten my back against the warm porcelain. "I am more than capable in holding my own cup of tea." I bat my eyes at him causing him to smile slightly, I could tell something was truly bothering him. I knew he was dying to know what all had taken place with Arlo and myself, but I was just as inquisitive about what that bitch was up-to.

She wants to get fucked up, that is what she was up-to. Catching 'up-to' an ass whooping. Girl, you had better say that again.

"I know you are... But please just allow me." He stated this like a whisper, I turned my head and stared at him. He was off. This was not my Reuben at all... He seemed so weird.

"Baby, talk to me." I whispered back to him.

He looked at me then drew the teacup back from me then sat it on the Vanity table behind him. Reuben then withdrew eye contact from me and placed his hands in his lap.