Chapter o024

"The boys are taking longer than I thought they would

"The boys are taking longer than I thought they would."

Evelyn glanced down at the watch on her left wrist, I had not noticed the time either. The two of us had been so wrapped in our conversation that we managed to lose track of time. Reuben should have been back at the house for dinner by now.

I wonder what was keeping him.

Do you really want to know? Or do you think his ass is up to something?

Does it really matter? It has been hours since I have heard from him and I was getting a little anxious and concerned. Reuben has been a different character since all this Greg-mess has enter our relationship. He was secretive before, but even the workers of the house seem like they were keeping things from me.

Or maybe I am just paranoid?

Maybe you just know your man.

That too.

I twisted my legs impatiently underneath the dining table, trying to adjust myself more comfortably but something was not settling well in my spirit. Evelyn was speaking with the family's personal chef about dinner, maybe if I engaged in their discussion I would not be so 'on edge'.

Food is always a blessed distraction. Amen to that.

"How does that sound, Maia?"

My eyes bucked in response to my name being called.

"What was that?" I asked in confusion.

Evelyn smiled then repeated:

"Grilled salmon, garlic green beans, and butter roasted sweet potatoes? Does that sound good to you?"

"Sounds great." I smiled.

Tell Sis to make some more of them beignets for dessert. Them hoes were fire.

Girl, shut up.

Evelyn got up to take a personal call when I realized my phone was not on me. I could slap myself, how the hell did I manage to go on about the day without my phone being on me? Reuben could have tried to call me... Hell, Mama or Daddy, too.

Getting up from the table, I headed into the foyer and into the closet and grabbed my purse, my notification light on my phone illuminated the entire boxed room. I knew I missed some calls, or my social media was popular today.

We've got a million followers on Instagram, bitch! Stuntin' on these hoes.

Yes ma'am.

How many followers does Sheridan's hoe ass got?

Who cares?

EXACTLY BITCH! Fuck her punk ass followers.

I cannot with you today.