Chapter 7: Dinner Night Out

*A Few Months After The Last Chapter*

Wally woke up to some roses on his bedside table and a smile spread across his face. He rolled over to look at Dick who was smiling smuggle at him. "Seems I got the first romantic gesture in today, do I get extra points for that?" Dick asked with a chuckle. 

Wally pressed their noses together and smiled brightly, making Dick let out a giggle, and said, "Happy Anniversary beautiful. How many years of dating is it now?"

Dick tilted his head and pressed a sweet kiss to Wally's lips then stated between giggles, "Since the Detention Center. God, 12 years Walls. Entered the center at 8 and 10. Started dating at 12 and 14. Now we're 24 and 26. " 

"We did start out kinda young," Wally said with a laugh as his cheeks grew bright red. They stayed in bed for a few more minutes, both having the day off before Wally untangled himself and stood up. Dick let out a slight whimper in protest but Wally only lent down to press a kiss to his lips and say he would be back with some breakfast.

After breakfast they started their day. Most of it was surprising each other with kisses, of various kinds, and tucking endless flowers behind each others ears. They watched some cheesy movies, all cuddled up on the couch and eventually went out to lunch with a couple of their respective work friends all at a bar. They didn't drink much though. 

Finally it was almost time for dinner. The sun was starting to go down, albeit at 5pm, and the two were getting dressed for a nice dinner they did every year. "Ready babe?" Dick called from their bed. For a speedster Wally did take a while to get dressed. 

"I've got to be presentable for my boyfriend don't I?" Wally asked. 

"I'm happy to see you in virtually anything. You're only putting clothes on at all for the restaurant staff," Dick said with a smirk as Wally walked out of the closet in a nice dark grey tux with a red tie. Dick nearly matched but his tux was black with a blue tie. "You look perfect babe," Dick said and pressed a kiss to Wally's cheek.

"You too," Wally said, blushing still after all these years.

On the way to the restaurant Dick was getting anxious. It wasn't his anxiousness per se but to be more specific he was anxious because he could tell Wally was anxious and he couldn't figure out why. He was okay all day until they started driving towards the restaurant. Once inside Wally seemed to have his confidence back now that they were there and being seated so Dick just let it go, thinking nothing of it. They ate slowly, enjoying the evening, sipping on some wine that Dick had picked since Wally knew virtually nothing about wine. They finally finished dinner, and were only sipping their wine slowly between talking. As their conversation drifted off Wally took the opportunity. 

"Dick," Wally started, his tone much more serious than before, halting Dick immediately. 

"Yeah, something wrong babe?" Dick asked, feeling slightly nervous.

Wally instantly brought his smile back, realizing his nervousness was freaking out his over observant boyfriend, "Nothing is wrong. Actually it's quite the opposite."

At Dick's renewed smile Wally continued.

"Dick, you're the most incredible person I've ever met and though there were so many hardships that led me to meeting you I wouldn't change it for the world. You've completely changed my life and you are always surprising me. I'm so grateful that I have you but I know that I won't always have you. I know life is short, especially for us. I also know that if there is anyone I want to be with until the end it's you. So Dick, I want to make sure that I can hold on to you as tight as I want to until the end. Basically what I'm saying is..." Wally said, watching tears already sliding down Dick's cheeks. Wally stepped away from the table as Dick stood up. Wally knelt down on one knee and finished, "Richard John Grayson... Dick. You're the love of my life and I never want to be without you. Will you marry me?"

The restaurant erupted in cheers as Dick nodded multiple times quickly, wiping the tears from his cheeks, a bright smile on his face as he pulled Wally up to his feet and kissed him passionately. When they pulled apart Wally slipped the ring on Dick's finger and then quickly pulled him in for another kiss.