Chapter 9: A Whole New World

3 months after the last chapter

"Maybe I'll take Dick here someday," Wally said as he ran around Paris with Artemis in his arms.

"You two have a date set yet for the wedding?" Artemis asked as she fired an arrow.

"Not yet," Wally responded.

"Is it clear there?" Dick's voice echoed through Wally's comm.

"Yeah, everything is good," Wally responded.

"Head back to the mountain, we have another problem," Dick said.

A Few Moments Later

"The Flash and Impulse will not be enough," Luthor said through the computer screen, "They need more energy in order to stop it from destroying the planet."

Before Dick could protest he was being kissed quickly then the sound of Wally disappearing through the Zeta Tubes filled the room.

"Bioship! Now!" Dick called quickly.

When the rest of the heroes got there the speedsters were running in a whirlwind of energy. Everyone heard a scream from Impulse.

In a few moments the Impulse will cease.

"What do you mean cease?" Blue Beetle said aloud.

"Bart you have to speed up," Wally yelled to the younger as he passed him.

"I can't!" Bart yelled.

"I'm going to slow down okay?" Wally said, slowing himself to Bart's pace, "I'll take the hits but you have to speed up, just a little please!"

As Bart sped up past Wally the energy moved it's target to Wally. As he felt himself disappearing he saw Dick just a couple feet away from the whirlwind. As Barry pulled up on his left Wally just looked at him in sadness.

"Just tell him, okay?"

He disappeared into thin air and suddenly a blast echoed through the arctic. Bart and Barry slid to a stop, tears sliding down their faces as they caught their breaths. The team rushed forward to help them. Dick took a few steps forward before stopping, trembling as he clenched his hands, feeling his ring under his glove.

"Where's Wally?"

"He wanted me to tell you, he loved you."