Phoenix Pov

{Phoenix Pov}

"Night Phoenix" Her gentle voice echoes through my mind,

The door to my office closed as I hear her footsteps moving quickly back into her room.

Jezzabelle Jackson? What a strange yet enduring woman.

I looked down at the cake she placed on my desk before turning to her file that I had my men fetch me so I can learn more about this fascinating woman who has captured my attention without trying.

As I was reading her file I noticed that her family was close to the man that was selling her at the auction. I remember seeing him selling some of his humans at regular actions like the one I bought Jezzabelle from. His name was Conrad Urban. He's been around since before I was born two hundred and ten years ago.

It says in the file that he's been taking care of her whole family for the past 7 hundred years. Turns out he was in love with one of Jezzabelles ancestors that his father kept as a slave.

Story has it that she was caught stealing food from Conrads father and ended up being a slave to his family with her son who was around Jezzabelles little sisters age. For some reason Conrad started falling for the woman slave the more times he spent checking in on the slaves.

Turns out the night the woman was killed was the same night a group of vampires from another place had broken into their slave dungeons and killed all of the women there. After Conrad and his father fought them off the only slaves they could find were some old men and of course the woman's son. Conrad ended up vowing to never stop taking care of the little slave boy and his family after that.

Now since that was many years ago, turns out he's becoming of a certain age where even a strong vampire as himself can not take on living as easily as he did hundreds of years ago.

That's why he was selling all of his slaves the day I bought Jezzabelle and her sister.

In her file it says that he was the only male vampire that's taken care of her and for some reason I'm glad to hear that.

When I went past the auction that day I wasn't really in the mood to buy a slave, especially one with a little sister, but when I saw the way those disgusting vampires looked at her I knew couldn't let them buy her for pleasure or to torture. Since that's what the men at auctions do with female humans such as her.

Her file says, she grew up with her little sister by her side after their parents died.

She knows how to cook, clean, and wash clothes. She likes to read alot and draw when her owner let her.

I stopped reading when I noticed that the plate of cake that was on my table was finished since I was eating it while reading the file.

I closed the file before feeling the need to get a drink. I got up stretching my arms with a tired sigh before walking out of my office to head to the kitchen.

I walked past my mother's room on the way to the kitchen when I noticed she was talking to someone. I peaked through the small opening of her bedroom to see her laying on her bed with the little girl Jezzabelle came with and she was reading her a book.

I guess my mother finally got the daughter she's been wanting all along. I smiled seeing my mother happy with someone for the first time since my father passed years ago.

I continued into the kitchen in need of a drink before I felt the presence of someone behind me. I turned quickly before stopping as I see one of the maids standing in front of me with a smile.

"Did you need something sir?" She asks staring intensely at me as I looked at her with a raised brow before turning away with my drink in my hand heading back to my room before a hand grabbed my arm,

"Wait I-" before she finished I pulled my arm away from her,

"Don't ever put your hands on me!" I snapped as she nodded quickly looking down,

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm here if you ever need anything, any day or night. I'll be in my room if you need any personal problems you need a woman like me to help you with" The maid says unbuttoning her blouse before I grabbed her wrist,

"Don't ever talk to me like this again! Fix your clothes before I throw you into one of the dungeons you filthy maid!" I snapped before pushing her away as she whimpered when I walked away,

"I know you want me master, I'll wait for you to see" She says lowly as I rolled my eyes continuing to walk to my room,

As I passed by my mother's room into the hallway where my room and Jezzabelles room was I stopped in front of her door. I listened closely hearing her light breathing through the door with my very high sense of hearing.

I opened the door slowly seeing her sleeping figure on the bed where the moon light from her window was shining through.

I walked towards her bed seeing her head on the pillow with her hair over her face. I leaned down to move some strands of her hair off of her face as my eyes stayed glued to her facial features sleeping soundly.

I froze when she started moving in her sleep before turning over to lay on her other side. As she turned I noticed that the blanket was moving off her back showing her skin that was exposed since that's how her night gown was.

I reached down to pull the blanket over her back before stopping myself when I saw something on her back. I moved her nightgown slightly lower on her back when my jaw clenched seeing some scars on her back that looked like they came from a whip.

Vote and comment for more guys