Chapter Four

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

After a week or so the team had gotten to know each other and such. If you were looking for someone, you would know the probable places for them to be. Superboy was probably in the gym or living room, Robin was usually hanging out with Wally and Wally was usually in the living room or kitchen. Megan was also usually in the living room or kitchen, but for different reasons then the speedster. Kaldur and Percy were usually in the pool, gym (more Percy) or living room. The living room was a common place for the entire team to be gathered and it happened quite often.

Right now, they were all doing similar things in the same room, Superboy was watching static, Megan was talking to him, Wally was flirting with her. Kaldur and Percy were also taking, in Atlantean that is. While speaking the language they sometimes felt distant from the team. On certain days that felt good, and on some not as much. They spoke Atlantean when they were talking about thing they didn't want the other to hear, or they just wanted some privacy.

When Percy finally got too annoyed with the static in the screen she quickly grabbed the remote and changed the channel.

They ended up watching some sort of movie. Action, she thought it was. She always found it funny watching action movies, they would use all of these different effects on the movies, while they lived those types of lived without the scripts and special effects.

Percy always thought that certain things in movies were over done, like explosions. It's not that dramatic in real life, and, boy, she had seen her fair shares of explosions.

Some claimed lives- scratch that- most, if not all, that she'd been there for had claimed lives. Claimed the lives of innocents, warriors, and villains alike, but the thing was... they were all living beings. Those types of things kept her up at night, what would happen if a certain person had taken a different route. If Luke hadn't become the villain, if Percy had become a villain. It was interesting to think about- there were so many different possibilities. Who knows? There may be alternate dimensions where Luke wasn't a villain, where she was a villain among other things.

As they got deeper into the movie, the more her gut tensed at certain scenes. She moved closer to Kaldur, relaxing when he was close- when she could sense his familiar ocean-like scent.

When the movies ended the team went their separate ways, Robin and Wally went somewhere, and Megan and Connor stayed in the living room, and Kaldur and herself left for her own bedroom.

They lay there on her bed as they talked about different subjects. Her head rested on his chest and his arm was loosely wrapped around her shoulders, holding her close.

She felt his chest rise and fall with his breathing. It was relaxing and she felt herself growing more and more tired. After 10 minutes she was asleep and so was he.

-

An hour or so later they woke up at similar times, Kaldur only a few minutes before her. They both sat up and she yawned, stretching her arms.

"Good morning or whatever time of day it is," Percy said.

"I believe it is three in the afternoon," Kaldur said.

"Okay. Good three in the afternoon, Kaldur," she said.

"Good three in the afternoon to you too, Percy," Kaldur said a soft smile on his face.

Percy smirked and stood up. She walked out of the room and Kaldur left after her. They decided to go out of the mountain for a walk and so they did. They walked through the woods, destroying some monsters every now and then.

By the time they were back they were almost covered in golden dust. They both headed to their separate bathrooms and showered, getting rid of the dust and sweat. Stepping out of the shower she get relaxed, really relaxed.

She put on some clothes, a blue shirt with black text and navy, ripped jeans. She brushed her wild, raven black hair and put it up in a ponytail. She hadn't had a ponytail in a while, they weren't a big thing in Atlantis.

She walked out of her room and to the living room where Megan and Connor were sitting, chatting casually. She joined their conversation, finding that it was rather interesting.

"You lived in Atlantis, right?" Connor asked.

"Yeah, but before that I lived in New York," Percy said.

"Oh! How was it there? In New York?" Megan asked excitedly.

"Crowded. People everywhere, during the nights even. When you're trying to sleep you can still hear cars driving all over the place, and people talking, but in a way it's relaxing," Percy said.

"What about Atlantis?" Connor asked.

-

At the end of their conversation they had talked about a bunch of different places they'd been to, well... mostly where Percy and Megan had been. Different locations lead to different time zones, a concept that Megan had yet to understand. (At the time I published this chapter it was 6:02 PM. What time is it for you guys?) when they finally got Megan to understand they moved onto a different subject. Languages. Percy had to say, it would be easier with just one language, but the world was more unique, interesting this way. Although, the different languages only showed how different we all were. With different languages you couldn't understand everybody and what did that lead to? Often conflict, Percy concluded, but we had what we had, and if that was different languages... then it was different languages.

When it was time for dinner only (not really only, they were quite a few there) Percy, Kaldur, Megan and Connor were at the mountain. Together they made dinner, set the table, ate and took care of the dishes. Megan even created a separate mind link for those who lived at the cave. Honestly, in Percy's mind... it had been a great day.