Chapter Five

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

The next morning she woke up in sweat, and screams. Thankfully the rooms were sound-proof, she didn't want to wake any of the others. On the team only Kaldur knew about her nightmares for obvious reasons. She rushed to the shower like she did every morning, showering to get rid of the sweat and bad feelings in her gut left by the nightmares. The nightmares, she hated them. It was like a nightly reminder of how she'd failed everybody who was close to her, how she'd let them all die. Tears flowed from her eyes, traveling down her already wet (she was showering, after all) cheeks. In tears she continued to shower.  When she was finished showering she dried her face, body and hair with a towel, sure... she had powers, but she liked the feeling of a towel rubbing against her bare skin... it was relaxing, reminded her of normality.

She combed her hair and proceeded to put on some clothes, a dark blue shirt with darker blue jeans. When she lived in Atlantis she found herself missing shirts and hoodies and now she found herself missing Atlantean clothing, things worked oddly that way.

Just like Kaldur, she missed Tula and Garth greatly, after all the four of them had been great friends.

She could recall all their 'adventures'. They loved exploring Atlantis together, but it was slightly annoying of how oblivious Garth and Tula were. Everybody, except themselves for that matter, could tell they liked one another. Percy hoped that they would one day, maybe, actually realize their feelings for each other, she really did. But now Percy knew she had to be focused on the present, not future hopes, for dreaming was for nights when you slept... and when you were in school.

Without looking at the time she made her way to the living room and put on the TV, she realized that the others were probably asleep so she kept the volume rather low. Later on, maybe a few hours or only a half hour, she didn't keep track, the others started waking and coming here, one by one. First was Kaldur, then Connor and lastly Megan. When they were all here Kaldur stared working on breakfast, as it was his turn. While she, Connor and Megan waited they watched tv. It could be described as a normal morning, if you ignored the fact that one of them was half-kryptonian, one was Martian, one was Atlantean and one was a half-god who lived in Atlantis, not to mention the fact that they were superheroes. It all seemed like a scene out of some book, movie, show or comic book, but it wasn't, at least not for them. This was their lives, 100% real.

Percy sighed and Megan looked at her. Looks like it came out to loud, she thought.

"Percy, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, just thinking," Percy muttered.

Megan nodded and turned back to the TV and muttered something like 'Hello Megan' while shaking her head. Connor, having heard what she said looked at her weirdly, as if she'd seen something weird. This only made Percy's curiosity grow. What had Megan said? Sure, Hello Megan sounded a tad weird, but what else had she said?

Before she could think further and deeper into the matter Kaldur called them all to breakfast.

-

"What're we gonna do today?" Percy asked as she ate her pancakes, blue of course (and drowning in syrup).

Superboy looked strangely at her choice of food. "Are pancakes supposed to have that much syrup?"

"Probably not, but as I once said to my friend, 'I can't drown and neither can my pancakes'," Percy said.

"You can't drown? I thought you said you weren't Atlantean..." Superboy asked.

Percy closed her eyes dramatically and burst our in laughter. "SB, come on, I lived in Atlantis, and Atlantis is underwater. How would I survive if I couldn't breathe?"

"Oh, right," he said quickly. "Wait...If you aren't Atlantean, how can you breathe underwater?"

"Uh, it's complicated. I have water based powers, they allow me to breathe underwater and stuff," Percy said.

"Hello Megan! Of course you do! How else do you and Kaldur stay under water for so long!" Megan said.

"Wait, you and Kaldur stay under water for long periods of time... what do you even do underwater?" Superboy asked as he was obviously confused.

Percy could feel her cheeks heat up as she blushed. "Uh, fish people stuff."

"I thought you said you weren't Atlantean," Superboy asked, even more confused.

"Her father was Atlantean. One of the greatest, may I add. She received her powers from him," Kaldur added.

Where would I be without Kaldur, she thought.

She muttered a quick thanks in Atlantean so Superboy would recognize the language.

They changed the subject and continued eating. Ugh, 'fish people stuff' what was she thinking? Sure, she did feel very embarrassed and nervous and whatnot so her brain had decided to not function. Thanks brain, she thought sarcastically. Thankfully her brain hadn't responded, otherwise stuff would've gotten weird.

It was then Superboy had to hint at their previous, awkward (at least for her) conversation.

"So, fish people, is that what I should I address you two as?"

"Uh, you don't have too..."

"I wasn't asking for permission."

"Oh, well," Percy sighed.

"Wait! If you two are fish people is Atlantis fish city?" Robin asked as he walked into the kitchen.

How come she hadn't heard the zeta tubes announce his arrival.

"I guess you could say so," Percy said.

"Okay then fish girl, fish boy, how is the famous fish city?" Robin asked.

"Quite spectacular, actually," Kaldur saidZ

"Yup, that it is," Percy agreed.

"Well, I'll see you later aliens and fish folk," Robin said as he walked away from the kitchen.

"I'm actually only half-alien!" Superboy shouted after him.

"An alien nonetheless!" Robin replied.