1.0

Real Life

Jace just found out he has to leave for 2 months

Jace just found out he has to leave for 2 months. He hasn't told Savannah, but he knows she will be upset. He doesn't want to miss any millstones in Harper's life, but he didn't know if he got this role he'd be leaving so soon. Savannah knew about the audition. He told her that. She was fine with it she thought if he got the role it wouldn't be till after Harpers first birthday he'd leave to film.

Jace has to leave in 2 weeks. He's doesn't know how and when he'll tell Savannah but he knows it has to be soon.

"what was the phone call you took earlier?" Savannah ask as she puts Harper in her high chair for lunch.

"just my manager. i'll tell you more later." Jace answers and puts a bib around Harpers neck.

"alright."

Savannah and Jace take turns feeding their daughter mashed banana and strawberries and eating their lunch.

after lunch the couple outs Harper down for her nap and they sit on the couch.

"so what did your manager say?" Savannah asks.

"you know that movie I auditioned for?" Jace says, and Savannah nods, "well I got the part..."

"oh my god Jace that's so great..."

"but I have to leave in two weeks to start filming."

"oh... where?"

"Vancouver. Savannah, trust me if I knew i'd have to leave so soon, I wouldn't have auditioned."

"I wouldn't have let you not audition. How long will you be gone?"

"two and half months."

"Harper will be 10 months."

"I know. Trust me. I'll come home as often as I can and maybe sometimes you and Harper can come up and stay for a couple days or weeks even. I don't know."

"yeah."

"Baby are you okay?"

"yeah. I just don't like doing this alone."

"you're not alone baby. I promise, and if you feel like you please yell at me."

"I'm going to miss you." Savannah has years in her eyes and Jace pulls her into a hug.

"me too baby. you and Harper. so much." he kisses her head.

Savannah holds onto Jace tightly. She knows he has to go, but she wants him to stay. Harper is growing so much day by day and she doesn't want Jace to miss a single thing.