1.6

real life

The party is going well

The party is going well. Harper is happy, waddling around saying 'hi' to everyone. Jace and Savannah talk with everyone. Them telling the couple how adorable their daughter is. Savannah has someone avoided her parents. She's talked to her sister who tells her to talk to them. She just doesn't want them to tell her the same thing. Especially when today is supposed to be about her daughter.

"Savannah." Savannah hear her boyfriend say as she's saying goodbye to people that are leaving. She walks over to him.

"What's up?" Savannah ask, looking at Jace's face trying to read it.

"After everyone leaves, and Harper goes down for the night, your parents want to talk. To the both of us." Savannah sighs. She knew she was going to have too. "I know you don't want too, but I also know you knew you should. I'll be there. It'll be okay."

"Yeah. You're right. Eventually I'll have too. Might as well be now." Jace smiles and pulls his girl into his arms. Savannah closes her eyes and rest her head on his chest. They stand there for a few moments til they hear their daughter calling for them from Jace's mom's arms. Savannah takes her and holds her close. Harper has her head on her shoulder.

"A really wonderful party." Jace's mom tells her. "Can't believe it's been a whole year."

"Yeah. I can believe it either." Savannah says rubbing a hand up and down in her daughters back.

"Maybe another one soon?"

"I don't think so. We're content with this little girl right now. Definitely in the future they'll be another one." Savannah smiles down at Harper, who is falling asleep.

"Well we better get going." Jace's dad says.

"Thank you for coming."

"Of course. anything for our granddaughter."

Savannah and Jace say goodbye to Jace's parents. There are only Savannah's left.

"Go put her down." Jace says placing a hand on her arm.

Savannah sighs. "Okay." Savannah quickly kisses Jace before walking into Harper's room. Changing her diaper and clothes and then places her into her crib. "I love you baby girl. So much." She kisses her daughters head before going back into the living room. She sees Jace with her parents on the couch. She goes and sits next to Jace, who places a hand on her knee to keep her calm. As much as he can.

"So... What did y'all want to talk about?" Savannah ask, squeezing Jace's hand that is in her knee.

"About what we said, when you came over last time." Savannah's mom said. "Looking at the two of you today, Jace seems like a very good father and boyfriend. We are very sorry for assuming things."

"Also, if you wang too stay home as a stay at home mom, we support that. And if you guys want to go out on a date, give us a call and we'll drive over and watch little Harper." Savannah's dad says.

"I like the sound of more dates." Jace says. I laugh and place my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, Thanks mom and dad. We'll probably take you up on the babysitting." Savannah says with a smile and gets up to hug her parents.
___________________________________
I don't think this story will be as long as Dandelion. This will probably be 30-35 chapters.