Part Two

"Son of a bitch," I stated dumbly. Then the waitress walked over.

"Didn't you guys have another person with you?" she asked.

"Yeah, he bailed," I said.

"Oh, that is so typical of him," she huffed. "Oh well. At least I have you boys. Mind if I introduce myself? I'm Chaos," the waitress grinned.

"You're Chaos?" Sam said, shocked. The waitress nodded.

"I believe I just said that. Now, let's get down to business—"

"But you're a girl..." I interrupted.

"Oh right." Suddenly the waitress who had been standing in front of us was replaced with a tall man with light brown hair and perfectly white teeth. He was wearing a black suit that shimmered with images of whole galaxies and solar systems. Whenever he moved, the images changed.

"You don't use a vessel? You can just change your appearance?" Sam asked incredulously. Chaos smiled again.

"Yup. Now what do you say we get out of here, eh?" he said. Suddenly the diner seemed to spin. All I could see was a whirl of colors. The waffles I just ate threatened to come back up my throat. And then, just as quickly as it started, it stopped and we were standing in a dimly lit city garage. I collapsed and Sam helped me up. We were both shaking.

"Yeah. First trip tends to be a little, uh... chaotic. Ha! Get it? Chaotic...? No? Alright. Never mind that. You're probably wondering why I brought you two here. Well, I'll tell you. I want to help," Chaos explained. I scoffed.

"Help? You can't be seri—" I started, but Chaos cut me off.

"Hush, Dean, I'm not finished," he said. I crossed my arms. "Yes. I want to help. I'm not evil as God tells you. I'm an innocent. I was never planning to kill Amara and God! To be quite honest, they amused me. They made me laugh! But they locked me away. Tell me, would you lock your own father in a cage because you were afraid he might kill you?" Sam and I were dead silent. Finally, Sam spoke.

"...father...??" he said in a small voice.

"Ah, yes. I suppose I forgot to tell you. Amara and God, or Chuck as he calls himself, are my children." Chaos explained.

"But Amara told me they had no parents," I said.

"After they locked me away, they vowed never to speak of me again. Over time, I was pushed to the back of their minds. They forgot about me. Until now. But enough of this idle chit chat. I want to help you both, and to prove it, I'm going to do something for you. Sam, tell me, what do you want most in the entire world?" Chaos asked.

"Um... I don't know," Sam said.

"Hmm. Perhaps you truly don't know. No matter. I can look into your heart and see," Chaos walked soundlessly up to Sam and put his hand on Sam's chest. I tried to rush over to him, but was stopped by an unseen force. I gritted my teeth.

"If you hurt him, I swear I will-"

"Dean. Relax," Chaos murmured. A yellow light emitted from the hand placed on Sam's chest. Chaos closed his eyes. After a few seconds he opened them and stood. "I see. You want him back," he said. My thoughts instantly went to Cas. But why would that be what Sam wanted most? "You see," Chaos began, "God may not be able to have the power to bring an archangel back from the dead, but I do." Wait... Cas isn't an archangel... Suddenly Chaos threw his arms out and there was a flash of light. When the light dimmed, I could see a crouched figure on the cold stone floor. He had auburn hair and was wearing a black jacket and khakis. I glanced over at Sam. His fists were clenched and his eyes were wide. It looked like he was holding his breath. I looked back at the figure. He stood and I froze. This is who Sam wanted most in the entire world? But that would mean... Was there something Sam wasn't telling me?