Creature

Arian was tired of being stuck in the house. His Uncle Parrish has left 20 mins ago, leaving Isaac and Ethan to look after him. Arian knew everyone else was at work, and it was just them three plus Lydia, but she was upstairs washing the clothes and tending to Mirah, her daughter.

Arian was curious, if not a little afraid, about the thing that he saw in the woods. It looked dangerous, but he knew that it could just be misunderstood, like a frightened animal. He got up slowly, walking over to the backdoor and waited, listening to see if anyone was paying attention to him or not.

When Ethan turned the corner when he exited the kitchen, and started heading towards the living room, he knew he had his shot. He opened the door quickly, stepping outside and running as fast as he could towards where he saw the creature.

He kept going, running, occasionally using his wings, until he could no longer see the house. Arian looked all around him, and didn't recognize where he was. He started to panic, his wings fluttering helplessly as he turned all around. Which way was home, and where was the creature?

There was a low gutteral, growl coming from behind him, making Arian stumble, and fall. This time, he got a better look at it.

The things was huge, different animal heads morphed together to form one, a giant wolf-ish nose at the tip. The ribs and spine were showing, on top of its skin, but the intestines couldn't be seen. The red eyes were bright, unlike his fathers blood red, and had a pair on each head. The legs, and paws, were dog-like, but instead of claws, it had pitch black talons. There were elephant ears on its neck, making it look like hills and it had a giant tail at the end like a rattlesnake, but it make no sound.

"Small hairless, hunter pup, leave!" it hissed at Arian, crouching low and growling at Ari, who stilled in his spot. It talked to him. It talked to him. Arian slowly looked up, noticing how it's teeth were drawn back in a feral snarl.

Arian was confused. It talked to him, but he didn't see the mouth moving or making words. It felt the confusion radiating off of the nephilim, and lowered its growl until it was only a small rumble.

"Not hunter. I'm Ari." He tried to say through his brain. It leered back in shock, snapping it's jaw at Arian and slowly trying to make its way to him so it could sniff him.

"Hairless pup understands? No one understands." It said through the link, confused. Arian nodded and backed away when it tried to get closer to him. His heart was pounding in his chest, and he was terrified of it.

"No leave, pup! You understand! You understand!" It said happily, backing away from Arian with caution. It's tail was wagging as it lowered itself onto the floor. Arian watched in a fascinated horror as it started to shrink, turning into a smaller version of itself. It was about 7 feet tall now, but it was still huge.

"It's okay, I'm not leaving." Ari said gently, slowly walking over to it. It backed away, still growling softy as a warning, making Ari stop.

"Why you here?" It asked, wagging it's tail dangerously.

"I though maybe...you were lonely, or scared." Ari stuttered...picking the hem of his shirt, looking down at his feet. Ari heard it whine, and when he looked up, it had layed down on the floor, covering its faces and eyes with the two, giant paws.

"I scared and sad." it told Ari softly, whining low in its throat. Arian started to walk closer to it, and he placed his small hand on its head, petting it softly to comfort it.

"Why?" Arian whispered, uising his own voice. The hellhound looked up at Arian with sad eyes. The bright red didnt scare him anymore, now that he knew what it meant.