i.

lisa heard a loud yawn from beside her. it was her best friend, sicheng. she sighed as she glanced at him.

"didn't i tell you to sleep early last night? you know today's our first day of university." lisa scolded the tall male beside her before reaching inside her backpack, grabbing her bottle of orange juice and handing it over to sicheng.

"here. this should give you enough energy for the day."

sicheng smiled, sheepishly towards the blonde-headed female as he grabbed the bottle from her hand.

"ah, lalisa. this is why you're my best friend. you always have my back." he grinned before linking his arm with hers.

"i'm so happy you decided to attend seoul university with me. i know how much your parents want you to study in australia." he added.

lisa smiled, softly towards sicheng. he was right. her parents were persistent in making her study abroad but she didn't want to leave. although they were upset about her decision, they supported her eventually.

"aish. who knows? if i left you, you would've gotten yourself in trouble." lisa snarkily replied, a small playful smirk on her face. sicheng whined and pouted at the female, making her giggle at the sight.

"okay, okay. let's go before we're late." lisa pulled the male along with her as they walked inside seoul university.

"woah. i never realized seoul university could look this awesome." sicheng said in awe as he looked at everything they pass by. lisa just smiled, silently agreeing with him.

"i wonder if they have pretty girls here too- AH" sicheng was interrupted as lisa nudged him, her elbow hitting his ribcage. he groaned and rubbed the part to where she had hurt him.

"first day and you're already looking for victims? have a little bit of pride, winnie." lisa smirked at him making the tall male glare at her.

"yah! first of all, i'm a man now and second, don't ever call me winnie. someone might hear." sicheng blushed at the nickname, scratching the back of his head.

lisa couldn't help but laugh at the sight of her best friend blushing.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

a six year old girl skipped across the park, hugging her winnie the pooh stuffed toy against her chest. she was humming a happy tune as she skipped, her eyes focusing on the ground below her, making her bump into someone.

it made her stop in her tracks and was about to utter an apology. she wasn't as fluent in korean just yet as she just moved along with her family. the boy in front of her seemed to be getting so aggresive and had been yelling words to her that she couldn't understand.

before she could even utter a word, the boy had already started pushing her and trying to steal her toy. as she cried for help, it didn't help her case at all as the boy seemed to have called his friends over and began to torment her.

she couldn't understand what they were saying but she could only guess from their stature that it was anything but nice. seeing their apprehensive nature, it made her feel scared and now her stuffed toy that she got from her father was stolen from her...something she could never get back.

before the boys could torment her even more, someone had pulled her aside and had stood in front of her. it was another boy, a few centimetres taller than her and he doesn't seem to look native. he looked foreign...like her.

"don't you think it's inappropriate to team up on a little girl and steal her toy from her? if you want one, just buy one." the tall boy spoke with a hint of accent.

"what's it to you? this is none of your business so get lost!" the other boy screeched and before he knew it, the tall foreign boy walked a few steps closer to him. lisa wasn't able to see what was going on. it had happened so fast as the group of boys had ran away, leaving her with the strange boy.

"here. you should be careful. some kids here could be ruthless." the tall boy turned, handing her stuffed toy towards her. lisa looked up and hesitated but grabbed her toy from the boy.

not knowing what the boy was saying to her, she took her toy and hugged it to her chest and muttered, "t-thank you..." it was the only korean word she knew at that moment.

lisa looked down at her toy and up at the boy again.

"w-winnie..." she shyly said.

"huh?" the tall boy seemed confused.

"you...look...winnie." lisa seemed to struggle saying the words but the boy seemed to get it as his eyes had brightened up.

"ah...uhmm...thank you" the tall boy replied with a smile before reaching out for his hand again. "my name is sicheng." he introduced himself in english.

lisa's eyes widened as she finally met someone who spoke to her in another language that she was comfortable speaking in...at least for now.

"i'm lisa. nice to meet you." she introduced herself back, smiling and shaking his hand.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

"lisa-ya, lisa-ya!" lisa was interrupted from her thought as sicheng shook her, frantically.

"yah, stop shaking me. what's wrong with you?" the blonde attempted to get the chinese man's hands away from her shoulders.

"you weren't paying attention to what i was saying." sicheng pouted.

"what were you saying then?" lisa questioned, raising a brow towards the taller male.

"i'm just saying...tall, dark and handsome over there keeps looking at you. i'm not sure if i want to give him props for acknowledging your beauty or if i should punch him in the face for basically eye-raping you." sicheng motioned his head, slightly to where he had spotted a mysterious man with a few people, possibly his friends, around him.

lisa turned her head to where sicheng was motioning at and her eyes met a pair of eyes as dark as the night sky. something seemed off about him but at the same, he began to intrigue her. nonetheless, she began to question why he was staring at her in the first place. she was supposed to be creeped out. but something felt familiar in his eyes. something she couldn't pinpoint.

'have i met him before?'