iv.

as soon as sicheng and lisa arrived at the cafeteria, the male was quick to shake his best friend's arm quite furiously. he was in awe of how the cafeteria looked. none of the other universities he visited had cafeterias that were in the level of fancy as this one. 

"this is such a fancy school. everything just looks so good. i could live here!" sicheng exclaimed making lisa raise an eyebrow at him.

"but...you do live here." the thai retorded back with a small smirk forming on her lips clearly teasing her best friend. sicheng glared at the female before rolling his eyes. 

"anyway, we have orientation after this but we got the rest of the day off until tomorrow...what do you wanna do?" the male questioned with a brow raised towards the blonde.

lisa pursed her lips in thought and hummed. there was always the choice of leaving the campus for the night but she knew where it could lead the two them. knowing sicheng very well, he would be dragging her to every club there is so leaving wouldn't be a choice for the blonde.

"i guess we could just continue touring the whole campus?" lisa shrugged her shoulders. she knew how boring her own suggestion was. she was aware of it but there was nothing in mind she could think of that they could do. sicheng wasn't allowed in the girls' dormitories and vice versa so there wasn't a way for them to hang out somewhere.

"there's a party tonight if you two are interested..."

lisa heard another unfamiliar voice from behind them. both heads turned and the blonde could instantly feel her best friend beside her tense up. it was another blonde wearing all dark clothing. 

"i think it would be appropriate for me to invite my roommate and his friend. it's gonna be fun." the blonde added with a small smirk on his lips.

lisa realized that the male in front of them was sicheng's roommate. the one whom her best friend had complained about. she gazed to her side, seeing the chinese man unashamedly glaring at the blonde male.

"a party? how cliche..." sicheng retorted. lisa stayed silent, not wanting to add flames to the already burning dong sicheng. 'damn...first day barely started and he already hates someone.' the thai thought to herself.

"look...we got off on the wrong foot. why don't we just forget about it and move on with our lives?" the other male said, tilting his head as he gazed at sicheng.

it seemed like a long pause for lisa as she waited for sicheng's reply but as her best friend was too busy glaring at his roommate, she had to take over.

"uhmm where is the party held at?" lisa replied. she ignored the look that sicheng was giving her. she was not a party animal herself but since classes don't start until the morning, maybe she can get the chance to meet a few people as well as sicheng. besides, she wasn't planning to stay at the party all night. from every cliché teen movie she has ever watched, college parties were considered wild.

"my best friend is holding it at his place. it's close to the campus but i'll be taking my car there. if you two want, i can give you a ride. since cutie here is my roommate, it's a lot more convenient." the male replied, giving sicheng a wink. lisa was taken aback. was the man hitting on her best friend? she knew how irresistible dong sicheng was. she was well aware of it.

lisa wasn't one to judge about ones sexuality as well but he felt bad for the male if he thought he could have a chance with her best friend. there was some questionable actions that sicheng had done in the past that would make the thai think that maybe her best friend couldn't be as straight as he had claimed but at the same time, she had seen enough playboy magazines under his bed over the years to know that he couldn't possibly be gay.

"why should we go with you? we don't even know your name. i don't care if you're my roommate, you could've been plotting to kidnap us." sicheng finally spoke up, still glaring coldly at the blonde male in front of them to which he responded with a chuckle.

"yuta...nakamoto yuta. make sure you remember that just in case..." the male, whom finally introduced himself as yuta, spoke. there seemed to be a hidden meaning to his greeting, perhaps a little perverted to which dong sicheng scoffed at.

"sorry but i don't roll that way." the chinese male retorted before rolling his eyes. 

his reply didn't seem to faze yuta as he kept the flirty smile on his face, still directed to sicheng. yuta wasn't known to give up. he had enough experience with men who claimed they were straight but had ended up sucking his dick in the end. besides, yuta liked guys who play hard to get.

"not yet." yuta winked once more making sicheng grit his teeth in annoyance. 

yuta didn't give the two, or rather, sicheng, a chance to decline as he uttered, "i'll pick you two up at 7 pm. i have something to get from my room anyway." he stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked past the chinese male but not before whispering to his ear, "i could have everything that i could possibly want easily. why would i resort to kidnapping?" he smirked in amusement before leaving the two before they could even protest. 

after all, if he wasn't successful, he knew how pissed off mingyu would be at him. after all, he only threw a party just to see a girl he had never met which confused the japanese male. what was kim mingyu's motive towards the girl? as far as he knew, they had no history and her family wasn't important enough for him to be fussing over. nonetheless, he had no right to question his boss' intentions. the important thing was he had done his part. 

as yuta left, sicheng scoffed at turned to look at lisa. 

"can you believe him? how arrogant!" the male yelped. lisa sighed. she had to admit, yuta came off arrogant but he was nice enough to invite them to a party and even offered them a ride. she wasn't sure how safe it would be to be accepting a random stranger's invitation to a party but in case something fishy happens, lisa knew self-defence as well as sicheng. they weren't incapable. they had taken martial arts classes since they were little. if someone were to mess with them, lisa wasn't afraid at all. 

"look, if you don't want to go to the party, we don't have to. maybe i can sneak you in my dorm and we can just have a little sleepover." lisa suggested. sicheng was tempted since he could finally step foot in the girls' dormitories but even he had to admit that he was curious about this party. it took sicheng a few internal battles later as he finally decided on whether he wanted to go to the party or not. he didn't know anyone else in the campus and maybe the party could give him the chance to get to know a few people. he wasn't anti-social.

"fine...we'll go. but i'm not tolerating his ass for the rest of the night." sicheng grumbled making lisa chuckle lightly. seeing her best friend sulk was adorable. she nudged his side and moved up the buffet table. 

"good. now come on, cheer up. we're finally getting to eat something boujee and your negative energy is ruining the experience." lisa teased before giggling as sicheng ruffled her hair in response, grinning widely.