Chapter 9: Dinner with the Enemy

I took my seat next to Jace, and I had no idea what to expect. I looked around, everyone was staring at me in curiousity and fascination. "You're their new Luna," Jace whispered into my ear,"My parents will be here any moment." Jace was right. I was their new Luna, their Alpha Female, someone who they would look up to for advice and leadership. I stood a little straighter in my seat, waiting for Jace's parents to show.

        They walked through the front door, hand in hand. Jace's mom gave me a small smile, while Jace's Dad frowned slightly. I didn't like that frown at all. "Violet, these are my parents, my mom Clarissa, and my dad Peter." Peter and I were having a stare off, when Jace cleared his throat. Peter blinked and looked away. Look's like I won. Clarissa analyzed me, her blue eyes examining me, as if she was looking into my soul. She looked at me, and smiled genuinely at me. I offered my hand for her to shake, and she shook it happily.

"Hello I'm Clarissa." She said.

"I'm Violet." I replied back, her brown hair was pulled into a bun, not a hair out of place.

"Welcome to our pack."

"Thank you. It's great to be here." I lied.

Clarissa looked at Peter and nudged me in the side.

"I'm Peter." Peter unfriendly.

"Violet." I said curtly, not bothering to offer my hand.

Jace, noticing the tension finally spoke. "Shall we have a seat?"

I took my seat, and waited for the food.

"I made spaghetti. I hope you like it." Clarissa said to me.

The table was silent waiting for my reply, I could feel the pack members stare at me, expectantly.

"It's delicious. You're an amazing cook." I complimented her.

Clarissa grinned happily.

"So Violet? Tell us about yourself." Peter asked.

"What do you want to know?" I answered.

"What makes you think you deserve to be this pack's Luna?" Peter asked.

"Peter!" Clarissa gasped out, shocked.

"What Clarissa? I was just asking."

"It's fine Clarissa, I don't mind." I said.

Turning to Peter, who was waiting for my answer.

I could feel all eyes on me, and I answered bravely.

"I don't deserve to be Luna." I answered.

"What?!" Jace said shocked.

"I don't deserve to be Luna. I have no experience, or training in the matter, I know nothing about Werewolf Politics, and honestly I don't want to be Luna of this pack or any pack for that matter. If you want my honest opinion well here it is, I don't agree with the way Alphas' run their packs."

Everyone gasped in shock.

Peter looked at me, dangerously. "What makes you think you have the right to talk to me like that?"

"What makes you think you can intimidate me? I will tell you right now, I don't take crap from anybody, especially not from Alpha's who are implying that I am worthless. I may not be educated in being a Luna, and I sure as hell, don't deserve this position, but I am going to make the best of it and try to be a good Luna for this pack. And I don't need you to try to intimidate me, so you can accomplish whatever you want to accomplish. I'm going to make mistakes but I'm going to do the best I can." I looked at him straight in the eye, which is impossible for any wolf to do unless he or she is more powerful. That's what all Werewolves know, but they don't know that I'm a werecat so the rules don't apply to me.

"Stand down, and submit." Peter said in his alpha tone, which when given a wolf would have no choice but to obey. Especially a powerful Alpha wolf like Peter. Luck for me, I'm not a Werewolf

"No I will not submit!" I said standing proudly staring him in the eye.
Everyone gasped in shock. 

Peter looked at me in astonishment.

"How?"

"Maybe I just more powerful than you, Peter." I said cryptically. "Now if you excuse me, it seems I have lost my appetite, so I am going to my room now." I left and walked to my room, leaving everyone shocked and gaping.

I entered my room and shut the door, and face-palmed. What have I done? Now the world's most powerful Alpha, and my mate's Dad was going to be looking into me. And the worst part was I'm not intimidation, I have confidence I can take him.

"That was very impressive." A voice said.

I turned around and it was him.The mystery boy.

 I sighed. "I suppose it was."

I launched myself onto my bed and I groaned.

"Bad day?" He asked.

"You have no idea." I replied back.

He laughed.

Reaching for my laptop, I went to Netflix.

I just forgot that there was no internet here.

I groaned again, and face-planted myself into the pillow. Now I'm going to have to steal the neighbor's wi-fi.

"The password's pink flamigo 634 no spaces, that might save you some time." Mystery Boy said.

I entered the password and bam! I have internet again.

I grinned, I was about to thank him when I saw that he had disappeared and the window was open. It looks like he's gone again.