Open Your Gift

~Author's Note~
Hey, hey, hey!! I'm back to give you another chapter!! Last chapter ended with Maka kissing Soul. WOW!! Go Maka!
I'm sorry I haven't been updating as much as I should... But school has started up again and I'm getting pretty busy. BUT NO EXCUSES!! I have to keep writing for you guys!
By the way... 1000 VIEWS?!?! WHAT?!?! What happened when I was gone?!?! I haven't been on here in forever... Sorry about that... I feel bad...
Thank you guys so much for all the support, love ya'll!!
Okay, okay, here's the chapter!! Enjoy!!

~Soul's P.O.V.~

I sit there, motionless, unsure of what just happened. It's like ice spread through my body, starting from my lips and seeping into every inch and corner of my soul. I was frozen in a prison of cold and confusion. But at the same time, it was warm. Maka's soft lips, gentle against my paralyzed ones, sending a liquid like heat throughout my body. The odd sensation lasting only a second before Maka pulls away and we loose contact. Then the realization hit me.

What.

Just.

Happened?

"Soul? You okay?" I hear a distant voice talking to me, trying to get my attention. It's like they're talking through a glass wall, audible, but masked.

I am so shocked, I just stare off onto the abis, unaware of my surroundings and the people trying to talk to me.

"Soul!!" Someone yells in my ear, breaking my trance.

"Agh! What?!" I yell, falling backwards.

Sitting back up, I scratch the back of my head and take in my envoronment. My friends are in a circle, staring at me with questioning looks. Oh, right, I'm at a party, with people... And Maka.

"Oh..." I say, looking around at my concerned friends. That wasn't cool at all...

"Whoa dude, try not to drool or anything" BlackStar says, laughing at my reaction.

"What? Whatever..." I say, "Can we just get on with the party?!"

This seems to work because my group of friends all just shrug and move on to other things. Patty jumps up and starts yelling about another game.

"Next, we're gonna play hide and seek!! It's my favourite!" She announces to the group, "Kid, you'll be it, and Maka will get a head start because it's her birthday!"

"Why me?!" Kid asks, while Maka runs out of the room in search of a good spot to hide. I'm not sure if it was just me, but she looked red faced and dying to get out of here. "Just do it!" Patty replies.

With a sigh of defeat, Kid starts to count down from sixty and we all scurry off to hide.

I walk quickly down a narrow hallway, already lost in this gigantic mansion. While I'm walking, I see a small distortion in the wall paper and take a better look at it. It appears to be a crawl space, this'll be perfect. I open the miniature door and crawl in. Cobwebs catch on my clothes and hair as I enter.

"Gross..." I mumble. I close the door behind me and instantly, the crawl space becomes pitch black. I bump into something and fall on top of it.

"Ouch!" It says, "get your own hiding spot!!" Oh no.

"Maka?" I ask, "Yeah, yours truely... Now could you please get off me?" She replies.

Oh, I stumble back, hitting my head on the small ceiling with a thump. One of my hands clutching my sore head and the other, brushing the dust off of my clothes.

"As I was saying," Maka continues, "get your own hiding spo-mmph!!" I interrupt her, clasping my hand over her mouth as we listen to the sound of foot steps passing by. I slightly blush, feeling her soft lips again, against my hand as we wait quietly, reminding me of a few minutes earlier.