~Tres- Helping You~

JANUARY is the current month, which means that Alex will be coming to my school halfway through the year. If you have ever had a school transition, you know it's not the easiest task to adapt to a new daily environment. You can find yourself missing familiar faces, simple activities, and even your surroundings in general. It seems as if switching schools is harder and harder the more progressed you are into your education, so I can only imagine the bitter pain one feels changing high schools halfway through their senior year. With that in mind, I have a lot of sympathy for Alex during this time.

Even I, being the socially inept person that I am, want to help Alex feel welcome here in Morelia. If I can successfully subside my self-conscious feelings, I'm planning on going out of my way to help him quickly adapt to this drastic change in his life. Since it's likely that I'll have at least one class with him, I will make an attempt to talk to Alex, with the hope that I can be his first friend here.

[pretend that when they're in public they are speaking Spanish. I don't have time to translate everything lmao]

     It is currently 7:40 AM, which gives me 10 more minutes before I have to be sat in my homeroom class. I slowly but surely gather all the necessary books for first period. Still half asleep, my eyes fight to remain open. That is, until I feel someone tap my shoulder. In surprise, I slightly jump as I turn to face the person. I'm greeted with Alex's seemingly nervous face.

     "Oh, thank God you're someone I've met before," he begins with a sigh of relief. "I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of locker 213?"

     "Oh, hey! Your locker would actually be this one." I reply, closing my locker door to show him the one beside me. The girl who had the locker before, whose last name alphabetically came after mine, moved only a week after school began. This left me with a vacant one next to me for over 4 months now.

      "Alright. So does that make my homeroom this one?" Alex asks, gesturing to the room behind the lockers. "Yeah, since our lockers are next to each other, that means our last names are alphabetically closest. That means you'll also be sitting next to me in this class." I state to him.

     "Oh, okay!" Looking off a piece of paper, he puts in his locker combination and begins to get his books.

     We continue our conversation as we walk into homeroom and sit down. Alex asks questions about the school, and I answer them. After a few minutes, that routine gets boring, so I ask a question.

    "Which lunch do you have?" I ask as I nervously tap on my pencil case, "I have third."

     "I do too! Do you, um, do you mind if I sit with you then? I-I don't really know anyone yet and I don't want to look like a loner." Alex says, nervously laughing as he avoids eye contact.

      "That's not a problem at all! The people who I typically sit with are at a forensics competition today, anyway."

      The first bell rings, initiating the beginning of first period.

     "I guess I'll see you around then?" Alex asks.

      "Yeah, and if you have more questions just let me know." I say with a genuine smile. "Talk to you later!"

     "Yep!"