~Cinco- Discovering You~

EVEN after my friends come back from their forensics trip, Alex still sits with us. He adapts to my friend group very easily. Including me and him, our group is eight people- five girls and three boys. The boys are glad to have another male in the group, and the girls are... excited to see an attractive guy sitting with them.

Alex knows that 3/4 of my single girl friends like him- he doesn't really like it. He's told me before he's not interested in them, and usually sits next to me instead of them. He told me it's so they don't get the wrong idea about what he thinks of them. It's all whatever. I'm used to being a third, or in this situation, a fifth wheel.

We exchanged numbers on the second day of sitting next to each other. We text often, especially on weekends or any day we don't see each other. It's been two weeks since we first met now, and everything's been going well. We're growing to be very good friends.

I sit on my bus on the way home. I'm still 17, so I only have a learners permit for driving. Since Alex is 18 and has a license, he doesn't take the bus home. When he arrives at his house, he decides to text me.

Today: 3:24 PM
From: Alex

Hey 👋

Heyy
What's up

Not much
I was wondering if you wanted to come over once you get home
It's Friday sooo

Yeah sure
I'll be there in 10

Ight

When I get home, I drop my backpack, change my shoes, and tell my mom where I'm going. I put my phone in my jean pocket and walk over to his house.

As I reach out to knock on the door, I for some reason feel nervous. I'm not really sure why. It's something that always seems to happen to me- whenever I make a new friend, going to their house for the first time is always nerve wracking. I feel like I can be myself around Alex, though. It's weird.

     He opens the door. "Hey," He says with a smile, moving out the way to invite me inside. "Hey!" I reply as I walk in. I follow him to his living room where he sits on the sofa, patting the spot next to him. I sit next to him. "Sooo, what do you want to do?" I ask.

     Alex sighs, "I don't know, wanna play some games?"

     "Sure. How about something stupid?"

     "Fortnite it is."

      "Holy shit, you're good at this game..." I mumble to Alex genuinely.

      "I know."

     "...but I'm better."

     "Try me, Y/N."

     "Okay whore." I say as I shoot right at him.

[The original joke I made here (which I replaced with "okay whore") was to mock the people who said the one word unironically as alex did back when I wrote this but here's my second issued apology]

     "NOOOO!" Alex screams. "I KNEW YOU'D USE THAT PISTOL! I KNEW IT! WHY DID I FORGET?!"

     "Wait, how did you know that?"

    "Cause you always use it on your channe-" He covers his mouth before he can finish, eyes wide in shock that it slipped out.

     Holy shit.

      "You- you've seen my videos?"

OOOOOOF
Hey, sorry I haven't been updating this story! I've been busy and I just went to the shore for the weekend. Here's a few pics:

 Here's a few pics:

Ly guys, thanks for 1K :)