~Siete- Crushing on You~

"WHY though, Alex? Why do you have to say you're 'it' when you play tag?! Like, you'd think they'd come up with a more original name." I explain to the beanie-wearing boy lying next to me. "Nobody has time to say anything other than 'it' when they're playing tag, that's why."

It's currently 2AM, both of us acting excessively drunk due to lack of sleep. We both got up at six yesterday morning, and even though we both often go to bed late, we don't exceed midnight on days that we've woken up early. I can make an exception for this, though.

After Alex pestering me for an hour, begging me to spend the night, I finally agreed to give it a shot. I asked my mom, expecting no for an answer, but she somehow agreed. Her exact words were, "my mom instincts say that he's a very nice boy and you won't do anything stupid with him." We both laughed at the statement, knowing we wouldn't anyway. After getting the 'okay' from Alex's parents as well, our sleepover began. Now, a quart of iced coffee and four kit-Kat bars later, we have discussed almost every topic known to man.

"Oh, shit. I forgot to pack a bag." I tell him as I laugh. "You're good," He replies, you have those sweats- they'll be good for sleeping. As far as tops, you can borrow one of my sweatshirts." Alex gets up from the bed, pulls out a sweatshirt from his drawer, and throws it on top of me. "Ow, rude."

"I'm letting you borrow clothes. Be thankful, cabbage patch. I'm gonna go brush my teeth, so you can get changed while I do that." He exits the room and closes the door behind him, leaving me to get dressed.

After I change, I plop down back onto his bed and scroll through my phone. When Alex comes back in and lies next to me, I continue to browse Instagram. I look at my friend Stephanie's most recent Instagram post. It's one of her alone taking a Polaroid picture, with the caption, 'you're capturing my heart.💓' I internally gag. I love this girl, but she's so obsessed with Alex that it pains all of our friend group.

"You know Steph's, like, in love with you, right?" I ask him as I double tap the image. "Love is a very broad statement... but yes I do know that." We both laugh. "But I don't like her that way."

"How come? She's literally gorgeous. Every guy in 12th grade goes after her. It's a blessing to have her like you, especially this much."

"Looks aren't everything, Y/N. A really nice personality is always important. Plus, I'm interested in someone e-"

Our thoughts are interrupted by a FaceTime call on my phone. Ironically enough, in big bold letters, the Caller ID appears as "Steph❤️." Oh no.

"Quick, get out of the frame! I need to answer this, I completely forgot. Steph told me she'd be calling a few hours ago. She said it's important." Alex does not hesitate at all, moving to his desk chair and ducking down just in case. I press the 'answer' button and I'm greeted with a very smiley Stephanie.

"Hey." I say to her.

"Hey, is that a new sweatshirt?"

"Uh yeah, just got it off of amazon." I nervously lie.

"Oh, okay. Kinda looks like the one Alex has."

"Anyway, why are you so smiley?" I ask her. She doesn't take another second to reply. "ImprettysurethatAlexlikesme! Y/Nimsohappy!!" Really now? I look over to Alex huddled in his chair in shock as I reply. "Oh my god!? Really? Steph I'm so happy for you!"

"You're not upset now, are you?" This bitch thinks I like Alex. HAH!

"No... why would I be upset?" I ask her with genuine confusion.

"I don't know, you guys always act flirty around each other 'n shit. But I guess that's just me."

"Yeah, it's just you, we've never done that before." I say with a fake laugh.

"Also, where the hell are you, Y/N? Why is the wall behind you so nasty?"

"I'm, um," I look over to Alex, who mouths the word 'basement.' "I'm in my basement. The unfinished one."

"Oh, okay. Well, I gotta go. I just wanted to tell you that."

"Okay, see ya." I hang up and then burst into laughter. "Oh. My. God." I yell, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks in amusement. Alex just sits there with a slight smile on his face, his face buried in his hands. "Welp," he states, "this is my life now. I need to sleep on this shit. Scoot over."

I move to the left side of the bed, getting my own individual blankets and pillows. Alex turns off his bedside lamp, leaving us in complete darkness. "G'night, cabbage patch kid."

"Goodnight, shortie roll."

After a few minutes have passed, I know that Alex fell right asleep. I can hear his heavier and more sleep-like breathing, and he's no longer moving around. I turn onto my side to face him. As I look at him peacefully sleeping, I realize something. It's the answer to why Stephanie always annoys me when she talks about Alex. It's why I always poke fun at him. It's why I was nervous to knock on his door 10 hours ago.

I truly have a crush on him.

Man I'm on fire with these updates 🔥
I have a day off tomorrow cause we're supposed to have a mega blizzard so I might update up to three times? Maybe once maybe no times we'll see what happens.
Have a great night <3