Chapter Fifteen

Sebastian's POV

"SEBASTIAN! NOT ANOTHER STEP!" my father yelled after me and I halted in my tracks, slowly turning to face him. He was livid and red in the face. His eyebrows creased on his forehead as beads of sweat form over them.

"Dad, I can't—"

"I don't want to hear of it, son. What has gotten into you, huh? Why walk out on your own wedding and your own people?"

"Dad, I'm not ready to—" I tried to explain but he cut me off again.

"Sebastian, so help me, if you don't go back into that Chapel and repeat your vows—"  

I had had it with him telling me what to do. "That's the problem with you, Dad, you don't listen. I'm not ready for all of this! I've tried but I can't do it. 

"Now I fully understand why my mother ran away and took me with her. Since I've come back, being king is all you ever talk to me about. You don't care to ask what I think about it, or how I feel about taking your place. You just shove everything down my throat!

"Now, you're trying to shove a woman down my throat! A woman I don't even know or love. You never listen to me!" Anger and sorrow rolled onto my chest as I stared at him, hoping he'd feel empathy, but I was wrong.

"I'm still the King. I don't have to listen to you. You have to listen to me!"

"Well, I'm sorry to say this, but there's nothing or no one on this earth who could make me go back into the Chapel." I turned on my heels and undid the buttons to my jacket before tossing it over my shoulder.

"Sebastian! Don't you dare walk away from me! Where do you think you're going?!"

I got into my private Range Rover, hit the accelerator and drove out of the Chapel's yard, leaving nothing but dust behind and an irate father.

As I got onto the main road, I phoned her. I needed to see her, feel her in my arms and against my chest, and to smell her lovely scent.

Without getting an answer, I continued on my way to her hotel. I rushed through the lobby and entered the elevator to the penthouse suite. I knocked as I arrived and waited for her to open the door.

"Emily!" I blurted out when the door opened, but it wasn't her— it was her assistant. "Where's Emily?"

"She's not here."

"Where is she?" I was panting as if I just ran a marathon.

"She actually left about twenty minutes ago. She has gone back to the States, but she left you this." She assistant handed me an envelop. 

I tore it open and read through the lines:

Dear Sebastian,

I knew you'd come looking for me, but I wish you hadn't. This is bigger than you and I, but I admire the courage you've got for the things you want. Seb, I've always loved you, and it's because I love you so much I'm willing to let you go to fulfill your commitment and royal duties. I don't want things to get ugly for you and for me. Go ahead and try to find your happiness with someone else.

Lots of love, as always,

Emily.

The letter dropped from my fingers and I felt my entire body being sucked from life itself. My breathing increased to fight the tears that were coming.

"How long ago did you say she left?"

"About twenty minutes ago. She's already gone Sebastian, and she's not coming back. I'm leaving in the next two days. I just need to finish up a few things around the hotel, and Emily wanted me to make sure you got the letter," she explained.

I raked my fingers through my hair. I wasn't buying her explanation. I pushed through the door and began searching the room.

"Wait, what do you think you're doing? She's not here!" Gen called as she tried to stop me from reaching the bedroom, but she failed miserably. 

I pushed through the door and found Emily stepping into the closet.

"Don't even take another step, you've already been spotted. You think you can brush me away with a note?" I folded my arms with a smirk on my face.

She turned towards me like a child caught red-handed with her hands in the cookie jar. "Sebastian, why?"

"Because I'm not ready." I pulled her into my arms.

_______________________

A/N 

Don't Forget to Vote and share with your Wattpad friends. *let's spread the love*