Epilogue

Emily's POV

"Christian! I don't want you sliding on the banisters!" I yelled after my energetic five year-old.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee," he sang as he slid down, disobediently, right into his father's arms at the end of the stairs.

"Hey son."

"Hey Daddy."

"Dismount the banister," he told him as he help him off. "Your mom and I don't want you sliding on it because you can really hurt yourself one day. Okay?"

"Okay Saddy. Sorry Mommy." His grey and hazel eyes looked up apologetically at me.

"Good, now let's get you to breakfast." I took his tiny hand and led him to the breakfast table where his grandfather was waiting for us.

"Grandpa!" he shouted and ran into his grandfather's arms, who was always excited to have him around. 

Christian was a fearless child with a side of adventure to him. He always wanted to go hiking and/or personal trips with his father and I. It broke our hearts on one occasion when we had to go to England for two days but he couldn't.

As I sat down to have my pancakes, I felt like I was going to be sick. I got up and walked out of the room as quickly as I could, covering my mouth.

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" several maids asked as I walked past them on the way to the bathroom.

"Emily, are you in there?" Sebastian knocked on the bathroom door while I vomited.

I left the bathroom and walked into his arms.

"Babe, are you sick? Can I get you anything?" He was looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm fine. I'll be upstairs in bed. I lost my appetite for breakfast."

I had an extra pregnancy test in our bathroom cabinet. My heart raced as I tore the paper off and stared at the stick. I took several deep breaths and asked myself if this was really happening again. Sebastian and I were doing just what married couples do, and more. I smiled to myself as I remembered how he positioned me two nights ago against the couch. I was so eager to have him inside of me. He had been gone for a week to Italy for a royal retreat and I jumped onto him the moment he walked through the door, but we had so many other encounters before that.

"Here goes." I peed on the stick and waited for the results. 

After a couple minutes, I opened my eyes and looked down at the stick on the counter top.

________________

"Baby, I bought you some fruit," Sebastian said when he came into the bedroom and found me sitting outside on the balcony, enjoying the fresh air— it was doing wonders for my sickness.

"I have something to tell you," I told him. 

He sat next to me. "What's that?"

"We're going to have another baby. I'm pregnant." I waited for his reaction.

After it had sunk into his head that we were going to have another child, he sprung up and pulled me into his arms. "Really, are you sure? Did you take a test?"

"Yes, I did." I took the test out of my pocket and showed him the positive results.

"I'm so happy. You're making me the happiest man on earth." 

His lips met mine, and no matter how many times he kissed me, the electricity never faded from his touches. I ran my fingers through his hair and felt his muscular arms underneath my butt, scooping me up like ice cream from a pint. He carried me into the bedroom and set me onto the bed.