Chapter 6

After an hour of looking for Loki, I find him on the edge of the boat, staring off the side "You aren't going to jump, are you?"

"It wouldn't kill me." he states, before clearing his throat "I'm going to head down. Go to a munch."

"What's a munch?" I ask and he gives a weak smile, before I shrug it off "Are you alright?" he takes a moment, before nodding "Seriously, because I want to know if I could help you in any way."

"Just-" he sighs and pulls me in for a rare hug "Can we not talk about it, until we talk about it? My mind locked it out on purpose, and it's hard to acknowledge it."

I nod, before hugging him tighter "I'm sorry, Loki." I state and he hums "Frigga and I morned you horribly."

"Thor?" he asks, pained. I hums and he taps my shoulder "You're squeezing me! I can't breathe!"

I release him and he smile softly, before I ask "So, what is a munch? Is it some kind of gay thing?"

He pats my shoulder, before holding up a ball of New York "Ask your friends, I have to go. It starts in a few minutes."

~

As we sit at the briefing table, eating our supper, I frown "What's a munch? Loki went to a munch."

"A munch?" Stark asks and I nod "A munch it were a bunch of single freaks go, to hook up. Loki is trying to get kinky."

"What?" I ask and Rogers shrugs.

"Freaky, as in chains and whips." Barton states and I raise an eyebrow to him "You're brother is going to hook up with someone, and one of them is getting tied up and tortured with pleasure."

"Loki wouldn't do that." I state and they give me a look of 'are you sure about that?', causing me to sigh "He wouldn't."

"Then he's doing the torturing." Rominoff states and I raise an eyebrow to her "Dominant to a submissive."

"I know way too much about his sex life." I state, before continuing with my supper "Does this place has any ale?"

~

At midnight, I find Loki walking past my room and I pull him in "I'd expect you be in bed by now."

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." I state and he smirks "And to tell you that we're going to move into Stark Towers, tomorrow. On a safe level."

"My night was far better than okay." he smirks, before sighing "I'd think you'd want to see your mortal."

"I will, once she's home and safe." I declare and he nods, before I get a smell of him "Go take a shower!"

~

I'm awaken by a timid voice "Thor?" I turn to find Loki stands over my bed "I-i don't know what happened." he studders.

I turn on my bed light and find his hands are dripping red "What happened?" he stares at me with a horrified look.

"I-i don't know." he states, before pointing out the door "I just find myself outside your door. I can't remember what happened before."

I stand and take hold of his shoulders, leading him to his room. Inside, I find a man on the ground, dead "Loki, what did you do?"

"I don't know..." he says, before staring back down at his hands "Did I just kill an innocent man?"

In a matter of seconds, the avengers are at our side "Thor, I seriously can't remember what happened." Loki states.

After a moment, he looks at me with a shocked look and I take hold of his shoulders, only to find a bullet wound in his shoulder "Loki, you've been shot!"

"What?" he asks, before looking at his shoulder in shock "What the hel happened?"

~

As I walk into Loki's hospital wing, I give a weak smile "So, Fury is searching for footage from the security tape outside your room. Do you want to watch it?"

"I need to know." he states, easing a jacket over his sling and zipping it. With a little help from me, he climbs off the table, and we walk into the command room.

"Just in time." Stark smirks as he munches on a bit of popcorn. He offers Loki some, only to receive a bitchface.

Fury plays the footage and you can see all of Loki's room. The man steps in and steps toward the bundled up form in bed.

A gun is raised to Loki's head, and a hammer is cocked, causing Loki to wake. As the trigger is pulled, Loki turns and the bullet goes straight through his shoulder.

Loki screams out as the man pulls him from the bed and climbs on top of him. As Loki fights for air, the man suffocates him.

In a matter of seconds, the man is slammed onto the ground and Loki climbs on top of him, bashing his head into the ground, over and over again.

After Loki realizes the threat is gone, he crawls backwards and begs for air as he tries to calm himself.

"His brother died when New York was under attack." Fury states as he stops the feed "He came after Loki. No crime was committed here."

I look to Loki, who looks like death "Do you remember now?" he nods and I frown "What where you thinking?"

He gives me a knowing look and I nod, before looking away "Makes sense. He came into your room at night."

He nudges me, but Stark notices it anyway "Excuse me, what?" Loki plays dumb, and Stark seems to understand "We'll be leaving for New York in a few hours."

"Are you tired?" I ask Loki and he shrugs "Come on, let's go back to my room, take a nap." he follows me back to my room and ends up sleeping in bed, as I sit on my side table.

As I watch over him, I can't help remember all the times we scorn the battlefield. How we used to fight. How badly I missed him.