Chapter 38

When we get to Barton's farm, I look at Loki for the first time since the fight "What did we see? During the..." I lead off.

"You know what I saw." Loki states, before sighing "I know what you saw, too. I guess it's time to explain."

When we're all on the couch, Loki starts "At the beginning of the universe, and his brother, the Grandmaster."

"Hold up a minute." I stop him and he presses his lips in a fine line "You slept with one of the oldest living beings?"

"Yes." he states and I give a frustrated look "Anyway, at the beginning of the universe, there was the creation of six stones, known as the infinity stones." he breaks to brush his fingers with his hair "I know the location of five of them."

"And the other one?" Rogers asks.

"The power stone." Loki states, before folding his hands in front of me "Whomever possess it, could take down anyone in their path. It's currently being tossed around the galaxy, by three idiots, a tree, and an assassin by the name of Gamora. She wants you keep it away from Thanos."

"And the other five?" Rominoff asks, leaning forward.

"The soul stone." Loki declares "The only people who know it's location is Gamora and I. The fact that you even know that I know where it is, means I have to kill you."

Our faces go mortified, and Loki sighs "However, you never hear me tell you, as I like you all too much to part with any of you."

I smile at his sentiment, before he continues "The time stone is on Midgard. Whomever possess it, continues time, and can loop it as they wish. It is safe with the mortal versions of myself. The sorcerers."

"The space stone! We've all seen it." Loki announces "It powers Hydra's weapons, rebuilt the bifrost, and gives the beholder the ability to travel anywhere. It's flying around the universe in different directions."

"The tesseract?" Banner asks and Loki points to him with a proud smile "That's why you broke it? So we couldn't use it?"

"So Thanos couldn't." Loki states, before continuing "The reality stone. It binds reality, and can make a new one. It's a parasite. It protects it's host from bodily harm, but can also be used as a weapon. Thor and I have first hand experience with this one."

"The Æster?" I ask and he nods, before I ask "Where did you hide it, Loki?"

"Someplace safe." Loki remarks and I raise an eyebrow to him "Someplace only I can find it. I only told one other person. Someone I trust."

"The mind stone." Barton states "That's the last one, isn't it?"

"And it's been under your noses the whole time." Loki remarks, waiting for a response. After a moment, he sighs "Come on, now!"

"Son of a bitch!" Stark speaks, in astonishment, before looking to Banner "It's the scepter!"

"The mind control we were put under today, that's the same mind control Barton and I were under, years ago!" Loki announces, before explaining "That little witch and the brother of her's, got their gifts from the mind stone!"

Barton snickers "They only got a taste of it, huh, Loki?"

"You only got a taste of it, Barton." Loki remarks, before shrugging "Actually, today made me feel better. I could have had it much worse."

"If someone has one, they're powerful." Rogers states, before asking "What if someone possesses them all?"

"Thanos wishes to cut the population in half." Loki states, before sighing "If he collects all of them, he can do it."

~

We ended up in the basement, with Stark and Steve. There's a bunk, and a chair that pulls out into a small bed.

The chair bed is barely bigger than the bunks, so Loki and I take it "Do you think you'll be able to sleep this close to me?"

"Really?" Loki asks, leaning against the bunk bed as Steve and Stark give me a nervous look "Thor, don't be argumentative. It only shows your egotisticalism."

I about to bark at him, but Stark wave at me to stop me. After taking a breath, I ask "How about we take a walk?"

"Fine." Loki sighs, before stomping up the stairs.

Outside, the moon illuminates the ground around us. Barton and his wife sit outside, on rocking chairs, sitting lemonade.

"Going for a stroll?" Barton asks and I nod. He points to a bundle of trees "There's a pond out that way. Fireflies dock in the trees around it. It's almost like it's actually lite."

"We'll go check it out." Loki nods, before looking to Barton's wife "In case I don't catch you on the way back, Thor and I will make breakfast for you tomorrow, and clean as well. You don't need to be on your feet."

"Clint usually does the cooking when he's here." she states, before scoffing "I could burn cereal."

Loki gives a warm smile "Have a nice night." and with that, we stroll down towards the woods.

As we happen upon the pond, Loki sits on a tree stump and stares at the lily pads "Loki?" I ask and he looks at me innocently. He fireflies illuminate his features perfect and I take in a shakey breath "You're ravishing."

He scoffs "So I've been told." He looks down and I move closer to him. When I brush my fingers over his neck, he takes my hand in his "Thor, I can't..."

"Why not?" I ask, sitting next to him "What could possibly stop us from having fantastic sex, in the middle of the woods?"

"I'm not the same..." Loki states and I give a curious look "I have stretch marks, and I'm stretched out."

"You pushed a baby out of your vagina." I state, nodding at him "I don't expect you to be the same." he looks to the ground and I sigh "But catching you masturbating, it's excruciating. Hel, you won't even kiss me."

"If I do..." he goes silent, before shaking his head "I won't be able to stop myself from getting you undressed."

"Then don't!" I whisper and he looks to me anxiously "Come here!" I insist, leaning closer to him.

Hesitantly, he leans into me, and I feel his soft lips for the first time in eighteen months.