Chapter 13

At nine, I knock on Loki's door and open it to declare "Stark wants us up in the common room."

Silently, he steps into the elevator and we start up. About halfway up, he asks "So, how have you been?"

"I've missed you." I tell him and he nods "How have you been? Did everything go well over there?"

"Yep." he states, looking straight at the doors. He checks the floor number, before sighing "No, no it didn't."

When he doesn't continue, I frown "Well, what happened?" I ask and he shrugs "Come on, you can tell me."

He stops the elevator and sighs, before looking to me "I fucked up." He states, before declaring "Over the past month, I've been sleeping with, quite literally, everyone."

He starts the elevator and sighs, only for me to ask "Why would you to that?" He scoffs, before crossing his arms "What, just to spite me?"

"Not everything is about you!" he hisses, before shaking his head "Natural you would think that."

"Then why would you do this?" I ask and he doesn't respond. I growl "Just because you're a little bit damag-"

"A little bit?" he snaps, turning to me, before stepping towards me "I am more than a little damaged!" he hisses as the elevator door opens, yet he seems not to notice.

"Months! I spent months in a vat of acid! Months being tortured! And raped!" he shakes his head "A year having my mind scrambled like an egg in a frying pan!" he slams me back into the wall "Even before that, I was damaged! Living in your shadow of greatness! In Odin's!" He scoffs "Naturally, he favoured you! How could anyone love and care for something such evil, as a frost giant! Even if I was a newborn babe!"

"Lok-" I start, only to be cut off with a growl.

"Say, was it the frost giant part of me that wiped out a whole planet, or the neglected Asgardian part, Thor?" he asks, rage covering his face "Was it nurturer, or nature? Was I born evil, or was it the lack of effection?" he grovels "Odin should have left me there to die! Maybe, Jotunheim would still be a planet!"

I sigh and take hold of his shoulders "Loki, stop talking like th-"

"You want to know why I did it?" he asks as his features tremble with rage "The only thing that distracts me from the pain, is pleasure!" he barks, before hissing "Because, when I'm inside someone, it stops me from thinking of the shit that drove me mad! Because I'm that damaged! Not a little bit damaged!" his face softens and he states "The only thing that's stopping me from blowing my damn brains out, is sex." he shakes his head, before shrugging "Yeah, I fucked up, I know that. Get off my fucking back."

With a long sigh, I look out the door to find every guest stares at us. Loki follows my look and Stark pulls a confetti string "Surprise!" he states sarcastically, in the awkward silence of the room.

Loki looks to me and hisses "You're a dick!" before walking over to the bar.

~

As I make my way around the packed room, I find two familiar ladies perched on the couch "What are you two doing here?" I ask, leaning against the back of the couch.

Jane sighs "We were visiting Eric, and Stark invited us. Didn't have the heart to tell him we're not together anymore."

Darcy snickers "And Jane was curious to see if you were in that relationship yet." I give a weak smile and Darcy frowns "Are you?"

I look over at the bar to find Loki taking a shot of Jotunheim Jager, while talking to a male stripper. When the stripped starts pulling on Loki's belt, flirtatiously, I set my jaw.

As the stripper leads Loki away, by his tie, I look back to Jane and Darcy "Honestly, I think it's a bad idea to get in bed with him."

"What are you guys talking about?" Stark asks, leaning next to me and offering a beer "Who's getting in bed with who?"

"Loki." I state and he raises an eyebrow to me "Darcy slept with him." I tell him and Darcy glares at me.

"The way he goes through people." Tony sighs, before chuckling "It's worse than me! I doubt he'll settle down with anyone." he scoffs "Hell, he's already married."

"For money." I remind, before explaining "He married that old bastard for riches, not for love."

After an evening of drinking, Darcy, Jane, and I, walk into my level and I sigh "You two can take my bed. I'll take the couch."

~

The next morning, Loki walks out of his room to find me making breakfast for the girls. Both of whom, wore my clothes to bed.

He spots them, before scoffing tiredly "You're such a fucking hypocrite." before walking back to his room.

"Jane, do you mind taking over?" she does and I follow Loki into his room. He paces the room in his pajamas "I didn't sleep with Jane."

"Sure you didn't!" he hisses, before raising his eyebrow and asking "What, did you screw her to get back at me?"

"Loki, I didn't sleep with her." I insist as he sits on the edge of the bed. Finally, he looks up at me tiredly "Did you sleep with that stripper?"

"No." he states, before looking at the ground "I got a lap dance, that's it." He insists, before sighing "I believe you."

When I sit next to him, he puts his face in his hands. With a sigh, I pull him to me and hold him "How many people?"

"A lot." he whispers and I try to move his hair out of his face.

"Well..." I sigh, before declaring "This is why I didn't want you gone for two months. I knew you would feel worthless when you came back."

He doesn't look at me, so I lay him back and climb on top of him, holding myself above him "What are you doing?"

"I don't know if you know this, but you told me you loved me, yesterday." I state and he looks up at me, apologetically "By your reaction, I'll take that as a no."

"I-i didn't know." He states and I nod, before he declares "But I'm not sorry." he looks up to me as a tear slips down the side of his face "I really do love you, Thor."

I scoff, before falling on an elbow to wipe the tear out of his eye "Good." I smirk, before sitting up and leaving him behind "Now, come on! Breakfast is almost ready!"

When I open the door, he sits up and calls after me "So, what? You're just going to toss me in the wolfcage?"

As I start down the hall, I call back "I love you, too!"