Chapter 31

Loki's comatose breathing captures all my attention. Their form is like their original form, only, instead of a penis, there's the female anatomy.

Although I have not seen the g-string, I don't mind. Loki wears a black sweater and black skinny pants.

Loki sleeps on my chest, as we lay on the couch. I kiss his forehead, right as someone walks out of the elevator "Everyone dressed?" I hear Rogers ask.

When he steps into the living room, I whisper "What brings you here, my dear friend?"

"Loki got a box, from that candy subscription." Rogers states, before sighing "I might have opened it, and found a bag of Bit-O-Honey. It was a candy from my childhood."

"You can have them." I whisper, careful not to wake Loki "In the pantry, there's a ton more. Take what you like. Loki won't care."

He nods, before walking into the kitchen. After a moment, he walks back with several candies.

He scoffs "It's weird, seeing Loki sleep." I give an odd look, before he continues "Loki looks innocent. You wouldn't think someone with such unrest would be able to sleep so well."

"Most nights, Loki doesn't." I state, before motion towards the empty room "Usually, I find the bed empty when I wake. Normal, I'm the first to sleep. Loki thinks I'm fooled, but I'm not." I shrug, before moving a lock of hair out of Loki's face.

~

After Loki's nap, we go up to the game room and I play a game with Rogers. Loki stays silent, almost reclusive, through half of it.

"What's wrong?" I ask, snapping Loki out of it "What's wrong?"

"Just tired." Loki smiles, weakly "I think I'm going to head back to bed. Sleep it off. Maybe take a bath."

"You fell asleep in the bath, last time. Just nap on the couch." I insist and Loki sets their jaw "Take a bath when you're less tired."

Loki sighs, before falling backwards onto the couch "Fine." Loki grovels. After awhile, we head back to our level.

When it's time to go to bed, I find Loki stands in the bathroom, pinching stomach fat "Am I getting fat?"

I frown, before asking "Why would you think that?" Loki pouts a lip out and I reassure "No, you're just as slim as ever."

"But my pants are too tight!" Loki whines and I frown, which catches attention "You probably think I'm too fat to raise your bone!"

"Loki, wha...?" I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. After I straighten up, I declare "You are the most beautiful, bone-raising, person, I have ever met."

Loki pouts "But what if I get as big as Volstagg? What if I'm hideous and grotesque? What if you don't find me attractive?"

I take Loki's hands in one of mine "Loki, that will never happen! You're talking nonsense, my precious little deity!"

"Precious little deity?" Loki asks, before shaking it off "How do you know, huh? How do you know that I'm not going to need to be lifted out of bed, with a crane?"

"What's bringing this up?" I ask and Loki shrugs, looking to the ground "Seriously, what's wrong?"

Loki looks up to me in horror, before announcing "I'm pregnant." Loki continues speaking, but I block everything else out.

As far as I'm concerned, there's only two things in the room. Me, and the womb that incases my unborn child.

My unborn child! I'm going to be a father! Then it hits me. I'm going to be a father!

Terror floods through my mind and questions pound like a punch. How am I to be a father? How will I be a single father? How will Loki's death effect the child? How would mother do this? Will Loki be alright? Will this speed his death? Can I do this alone?

Regardless of the questions flowing through my head, I manage to step forward. As soon as my hand is on Loki's stomach, all the questions disappear, and the only thought in my mind is: we'll get through this!

After a long moment, Loki sighs "That's it, I'm getting Banner. You haven't moved in the past fifteen minutes."

"You're pregnant." I state, blankly and Loki hums. Finally, a smile creeps across my face and I pull Loki to my chest "We're going to be parents!"

"Promise me something." Loki whisper, before patting my shoulder "Don't turn into your father."

~

The next morning, Loki traces his fingers through my hair, to wake me. I sleep on his chest, gripping his womb, carefully.

I groan and look up to Loki "What's wrong?" He shrugs as I wipe the crust and gunk from my eyes.

"I'm hungry." Loki states and I nod, before asking what he wants for breakfast, getting the reply of "I want taco bell!"

Twenty minutes later, the elevator opens as Loki and I grip bags of taco bell. Rogers looks up from his book as he steps on, only to stop in surprise.

I move aside, to let him on, and we're silent, until we reach our level. Once on, Loki frowns "That was awkward."

We sit on the couch and watch a movie as we eat. I sigh "When are we going to tell them?" I ask.

He looks from the television and shrugs "I suppose we tell them when a bit of good news is needed." he scoffs "Or it becomes blatantly obvious." Loki shrugs "I just hope he isn't a frost giant."

"Why not?" I ask and looks down at his hands "Between us, would make the most amazing blue. Our baby would be about twelve foot in height. Maybe they take Asgardian anatomy."

"How the hel will he cope with the fact that Zaza killed his race?" Loki interrupt, before looking down "Or the fact that Zaza left him, too?"

"Loki..." I sigh pulling him towards me "He will understand." I insist as a tear falls down his cheek and he grips onto me "Wait, you said he! It's a boy?"

Loki nods through the tears "Sorry, the hormones are fucking horrid!" he shrugs, taking a burrito in hand and munching down "I feel fat, and wonderful at the same time."

"You are wonderful." I state and he rolls his eyes "You're carrying life, Loki! That's not just wonderful! It's amazing!"

He shrugs, before smirking "I am pretty amazing."