P3. Wounds

"Mikhail, get ready!"

Something laced on my belly, pulled me out of the explosion range. It pulled me swiftly, right behind a giant derpanzer ruin. Behind the massive Union's junk, the smiling face of Uriel welcomed me with his usual smile.

"Busy day," He commented as the explosion happened for the third time. I hold the junk on its place when the shock wave hit. "Now you know why I called you over here."

"Yes." I frowned, showing a great dislike at how he talked and how he reminded me of a delayed mission from Azrael. "Still not a good reason, Uriel."

Uriel snorted. "Stiff."

"Not stiff." The explosion ended. I removed over the gigantic junks. "It's reckless. And the one who caused me to delay such an important mission, is a fool."

"Grumpy." Uriel replied calmly.

The smoke obstructed my vision, but the helmet didn't. Thermo-vision in my visor scanned the area, ripped through smoke and flames, locating every living sign.

"Nothing," Uriel spoke. "How disappointed. I thought we could get something interesting since this is last piece of Yemen we should get."

"Not the last." I corrected. "We still have one more countries in this United Middle-East."

"Right. That good-for-nothing country." Uriel sighed. "Sweep this area! We take no survivor!"

"Yes, Sir."

I was about to take my leave as well when suddenly, something stopped me. My head snapped to Lohengrin that still struck down below. It was vibrating.

Frowned, I pulled out that sword, let that weapon turned into a pistol. For a moment, I thought it was coming from the ground, but Lohengrin still trembled.

"Hey, Mikhail." I turned to face Uriel.

He had stopped too and took a glance at his spear. That weapon was trembling as well. Two weapons made from alterium, trembled like a hummingbird.

"Weird" was all Uriel was saying, but I knew something played in his mind.

Alterium is a living thing. They reacted to certain elements in this Earth. I commanded the visor in my helmet to check any anomaly in these environment. I ignored the heat and polluted air.

"Nothing." I said, as I grabbed the weapon as tight as possible. The tremble wouldn't stop.

"Yes." Uriel said. "This is the first time."

My helmet suddenly gave a warning signal with a buzz distracted it every three seconds. But the warning was clear. Something going on this way. "Split!"

All of us evaded the raining bullets that fell from the sky. Scattered and split up, w found coverage on our own.

Except me.

My feet stuck, stumbled upon a stingy pain, one that I didn't see it coming. Puzzled, I looked down upon my armored trousers.

Black substance leaked from my sliced armor, right at the area where that Human stabbed me with a knife. My hand tore that armor suit, only to reveal an injury that looked as fresh as a new one.

A wound. My mind tried to process it. A wound on a body that wasn't supposed to get hurt by human's weapon.

"Mikhail!"

Faraway, I could hear Uriel's voice. He always sounded too loud, almost like a Human. That voice often annoyed most of us, including his own troop. But this time, he had a good reason.