P18. Reunion

When I arrived, no one paid me any attention. I was a bit grateful for the unintentional privacy, but at the same time, something felt wrong. Face that devoid of any emotions, they never seemed so weird up to this day.

No, they weren't wrong. It was me that wrong here. Something was odd with me. Something changed within me and that was because of the poison Union injected to me.

"You've fallen too far."

Indeed, I've fallen too far.

My hand held Lohengrin, felt the cold of alterium seeped even on my gloved hands. I never tried to activate it up until now. Will it work? How much power I could unleash?

"I believe in you."

This time, I have doubt in my mind. Next time, when I returned to my old self, there will be no clouds. No hesitation, no question, and no emotions. I'd walked over everyone, whether they were dying or screamed in anguish. I'd trampled over their houses and bodies, cries and tears. Without feeling any remorse, or sadness, shed no tears or bear no smile.

"An escape plan. Geez, what do you think I am, a tactician?"

I sank deeper to the shadow and looked up. No alarming insects on area. I heard a buzzing voice, smell sweet scent, and placed an artificial light to attract those insects, let them roamed as they pleased. Several lizards patrolling as second layer of security along with humans. They and those marsupial was dangerous.

But Mika had chosen the best road with no artificial animals or soldiers spotted me.

"Luckily, this Mikaela is your genius tech consultant! But I'm sure you didn't need any of my advice. You Martian are more advanced than us, anyway."

Next time, I should tell him to make it two-way communication.

"Turn left."

I ran to one of the iron wolf. The beast stared at me for a while, before sniffing me with obedient. I ignored the furry beast and kept going. On the while, I kicked and punched some gunners and men on duty. Surely, kicking them was less difficult than keeping them not to off balance from this height.

I finally arrived at an abandoned hangar, used to be a place where vehicles being parked all the way. Mika instructed me all the way, made me stop at one that resembles motorcycle in Old Age. There was a key hole on it, but I've remembered the instruction pretty well.

"Don't mention me, you hear that?" Before everything settled, Mika sent his threat to me. "We're not friends. Not even close. We barely know each other, for no more than a week. So if you and that damn tongue of yours ever mention me, I'll make sure you will stay alive to pay for any demise that came afterwards."

"Thank you, Mikaela." It felt weird to say good bye to a man with similar name. "Good bye." Till next time.

I put out the communication device and put it on the machine of the motorcycle. The machine turned on and the gravity levitation lift the vehicles up in the air. Beneath his whizzing machine sound, I could hear faintly sound of a group marched from the hallway upwards.

I leapt and landed right on the air-bike. As usual, the clanks fought me back as it stabilize itself in a way than much worse than any living creature I've ever ride on.

A first shot flew across my face. Time to go.

***

[We're arriving at State Country of Yemen from Middle-East Union in five second. Law of neutrality was stretched about five meters on the east.]